London Banter

-   -   4th rail south of queens park towards euston (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2690-4th-rail-south-queens-park.html)

Colin Rosenstiel January 20th 05 08:34 PM

4th rail south of queens park towards euston

In article .com,
(TheOneKEA) wrote:

Colin wrote:

Which basically means that due to no train stop being fitted at WS7
a 2nd person is required to make sure the driver doesn't SPAD

Seems to me that if they bothered to retain fourth rail to KHR in the
first place, they might as well install trainstops and allow Bakerloo
trains to run to KHR in passenger service to return north. It would
save the hassles of getting a secondman^WCompetent Person to attend the
T/Op on his merry little jaunt down the DC lines.

Which reminds me. Has KHR re-opened after the footbridge fire?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Colin January 21st 05 06:16 AM

4th rail south of queens park towards euston

Which reminds me. Has KHR re-opened after the footbridge fire?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

No it hasn't and the last time I was there (just before xmas, whilst
double-maning) nothing had been done since the removal of the burnt out
footbridge. A bit of a strange experience wondering along a platform that
can only be accessed by a train, even though the platform furniture itself
(seats, timetable posters, signage etc, etc) remains intact