London Banter

-   -   Chesham City trains doomed (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2699-chesham-city-trains-doomed.html)

John Rowland January 25th 05 09:44 AM

Chesham City trains doomed

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/press...es/0501/25.asp

Only a week's notice of the public meeting!

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Adrian January 25th 05 09:58 AM

Chesham City trains doomed

John Rowland ) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying :

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/press...es/0501/25.asp

Only a week's notice of the public meeting!

It's not exactly going to be a huge difference.

On weekdays, southbound, there's a Baker St just before 6am, an Aldgate
just before 8am, a Harrow at 6.20pm, a Baker St just before 7pm,

North, there's a Harrow at 5.45am, a Baker St at 6.15am, a Baker St at
6.45am, an Aldgate at 5pm, an Aldgate at 5.30pm, and a Baker St at 12.30am.

So - looking just at the busy trains, that's one Southbound train and two
Northbounds. Per day. Oh, and the last train. The rest look, to my
uneducated eye, suspiciously like positioning trains.

The Chesham Shuttle's a pile of steaming crap, so surely *anything* that
might improve that is bound to be welcome to the Cheshamites.

On the other hand, the 17.30 Aldgate-Chesham tends to feel quite empty
from Baker St, so it's one worth aiming for...

TheOneKEA January 25th 05 10:36 AM

Chesham City trains doomed

John Rowland wrote:
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/press...es/0501/25.asp

Only a week's notice of the public meeting!

Seems to me that the best improvement to the Chesham service would be
the rehabilitation of the 4 car bay platform at Chesham.