London Banter

-   -   Looking for a doubledecker (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2704-looking-doubledecker.html)

Louis Banens January 28th 05 02:08 PM

Looking for a doubledecker

Hi there,

We are looking for an englisch doubledecker preferable with a high standing
hight on the lower deck ( 70.87 inch = 1,8 m). We are thinking of a Leyland
Atlantean, a MCW metrobus or a AEC Routemaster but other busses may aply
also.

So important is:

- standing height on lower deck
- Length preferably 29.5 feet or more
- reliable motor, chassis, other technic
- Open Top or else we want to make the bus Open Top

We want to export the bus to the Netherlands.

Please advise on which bus we should buy. Also if you know a bus for sale,
we would like to now this. Within a couple of weeks we want to go to England
to look for busses for sale.

Regards,

Louis Banens

Tony Bryer January 28th 05 02:23 PM

Looking for a doubledecker

In article , Louis Banens wrote:
Please advise on which bus we should buy. Also if you know a bus for sale,
we would like to now this. Within a couple of weeks we want to go to England
to look for busses for sale.

You could check out http://www.ensignbus.co.uk/

No prices unfortunately

--
Tony Bryer

Bob Wood January 28th 05 04:00 PM

Looking for a doubledecker

In ,
Tony Bryer typed:

In article , Louis
Banens wrote:
Please advise on which bus we should buy. Also if you know a bus
for sale, we would like to now this. Within a couple of weeks we
want to go to England to look for busses for sale.

You could check out http://www.ensignbus.co.uk/

No prices unfortunately

It's http://www.ensignbus.com/

Bob

[email protected] January 29th 05 11:39 AM

Looking for a doubledecker

The things that come closest on the ensign site are ex-LT Metrobi and
Full-Height Olympians. A Leyland Titan (TN15 ) would give you the best
lower deck headroom though.

[email protected] January 29th 05 11:50 AM

Looking for a doubledecker

As I said in another post, If lower deck headroom is really important
to you the best choice would be the Leyland Titan (rear engined). I've
just checked my local dealers Blythswood Motors of Glasgow, they have
some also Metorbuses, Dominators, Olympians and RMLs They've others
like Volvo B10Ms and Leyland DAB lions that would not fit your bill
because of UF engine reducing floor height on both decks. Prices
given, the site is www.blythswoodmotors.co.uk

Ivor Jones January 29th 05 05:18 PM

Looking for a doubledecker

Tony Bryer wrote:
In article , Louis
Banens wrote:
Please advise on which bus we should buy. Also if you know a bus
for sale, we would like to now this. Within a couple of weeks we
want to go to England to look for busses for sale.

You could check out http://www.ensignbus.co.uk/

No prices unfortunately

Some nice ex-LT Metrobuses there, any ideas of prices..?

Ivor

Louis Banens January 29th 05 07:18 PM

Looking for a doubledecker

Thanks !