London Banter

-   -   LT Heritage "Beyond the Fringe" (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2737-lt-heritage-beyond-fringe.html)

Ian Jelf February 6th 05 06:22 PM

LT Heritage "Beyond the Fringe"

I spotted an LT sign at the bus turnaround point in Gerrards Cross
yesterday.

How many other isolated bits of LT paraphernalia exist in the former
Country Area I wonder?
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Acrosticus February 6th 05 08:03 PM

LT Heritage "Beyond the Fringe"

From: Ian Jelf
Date: 06/02/2005 19:22 GMT Standard Time

There are still old LT shelters at Stapleford (near Hertford) and Weston (near
Letchworth). The old pink pre-cast concrete bus stop poles are legion -
including one on the A120 at Little Hadham that, for some reason, was put in
sideways on so that the stop flag was parallel with the kerb instead of at
right angles to it as is normal.

[email protected] February 11th 05 08:24 AM

Coach Stop (was LT Heritage "Beyond the Fringe")

Tadworth has a wooden 1940s "LT Country Area Shelter" - as made by
Works & Building carpenters' shop at Parsons Green.

I also spotted a tubular metal Q-type shelter on the 331 between
Uxbridge and Ruislip.

There is also one of the new orange coach stop flags in Park Lane
(Marble Arch) and outside Embankment station. Last year a Green Line
flag was still at the latter location, was this last in use?

Paul Terry February 17th 05 06:57 PM

Coach Stop (was LT Heritage "Beyond the Fringe")

In message .com,
writes

Tadworth has a wooden 1940s "LT Country Area Shelter" - as made by
Works & Building carpenters' shop at Parsons Green.

Does anyone know if the wooden bus shelter on the A316, just before the
Chalkers' Corner junction with the South Circular (when driving east) is
also of that provenance and vintage?

I'm sure I once heard that it could be subject to some sort of
preservation order, but I don't recall any details.

--
Paul Terry