London Banter

-   -   Totteridge Ground Frame (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2762-totteridge-ground-frame.html)

TheOneKEA February 12th 05 05:58 PM

Totteridge Ground Frame

I went past Totteridge station today and noticed that the ground frame
appeared to be partially in pieces and soaked with various lubricants;
the emergency trailing crossover in the four-foot appeared to be
equally treated.

Is this frame due to be recommissioned soon? And if it is, does anyone
know what rusty rail move will be inaugurated to test it?

[email protected] March 22nd 05 09:44 AM

Totteridge Ground Frame

In article .com,
(TheOneKEA) wrote:

I went past Totteridge station today and noticed that the ground frame
appeared to be partially in pieces and soaked with various lubricants;
the emergency trailing crossover in the four-foot appeared to be
equally treated.

Is this frame due to be recommissioned soon? And if it is, does anyone
know what rusty rail move will be inaugurated to test it?

Sorry about the late comment, but I kept forgetting to check the details
out. Apparently it appears to have been re-commissioned of sorts by
Tubelines and was used by engineering trains during the recent Barnet
branch shut down. I'm not sure when it will be recommissioned for use by
passenger trains though.

Roger

TheOneKEA March 23rd 05 03:50 PM

Totteridge Ground Frame

wrote:

Sorry about the late comment, but I kept forgetting to check
the details out. Apparently it appears to have been
re-commissioned of sorts by Tubelines and was used by engineering
trains during the recent Barnet branch shut down. I'm not sure
when it will be recommissioned for use by passenger trains though.

What sort of work would be needed for the frame to be used by passenger
trains? Would the layout need to be modified?

http://www.trainweb.org/tubeprune/Totteridge-ltt5-2.gif refers.

TheOneKEA March 24th 05 10:54 AM

Totteridge Ground Frame

snip

Um, I suppose one major change might be to add a wrong road starter to
the rear of the N/B platform, so that T/Ops know the points won't chuck
a wobbly on them ;-)