Old February 13th 05, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube stations closed on Sundays

mtveurope wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 13 Feb 2005:

but why these stations close on Sundays?

Because they wouldn't get enough users to make it worth while opening.
They are all in business areas.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old February 13th 05, 05:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

mtveurope wrote:
but why these stations close on Sundays?

There aren't enough people using them to justify paying the staff to keep
them open.

Old February 14th 05, 01:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message

I imagine Cannon Street only would if the NR station also did.

I thought Cannon Street NR station had been open on Sundays since the mid
1990s.

Incidentaly, this thread wouldn't be complete without a mention of
Shoreditch, which is open for part of Sunday but closed all day Saturday.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old February 14th 05, 01:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 01:03:16 -0000, James Farrar wrote:

With the shift to seven-day opening, I wonder if the three remaining
six-day stations will open on Sundays any time in the near future...

Cannon Street is as dead as dead can be on a Sunday, but I suppose the
other two might have possibilities.
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9683644.html
(Class 104 trailer 59149 - with windows in the ends: inspired design!)
Old February 14th 05, 02:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:

"Mrs Redboots" wrote...

I imagine Cannon Street only would if the NR station also did.

I thought Cannon Street NR station had been open on Sundays since the mid
1990s.

IIRC you're thinking of Saturdays. The only time Cannon Street is open
on Sundays is when part of the line between Charing Cross and London
Bridge is closed due to trackwork being done.

Incidentaly, this thread wouldn't be complete without a mention of
Shoreditch, which is open for part of Sunday but closed all day Saturday.

Any plans to open it on Saturdays?

Old February 14th 05, 06:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Aidan Stanger" wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:

"Mrs Redboots" wrote...

I imagine Cannon Street only would if the NR station also did.

I thought Cannon Street NR station had been open on Sundays since the mid
1990s.

IIRC you're thinking of Saturdays. The only time Cannon Street is open
on Sundays is when part of the line between Charing Cross and London
Bridge is closed due to trackwork being done.

Incidentaly, this thread wouldn't be complete without a mention of
Shoreditch, which is open for part of Sunday but closed all day Saturday.

Any plans to open it on Saturdays?

No, but they are definite going to close it completely in the next few
years.

Paul

Old February 14th 05, 09:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:

I thought Cannon Street NR station had been
open on Sundays since the mid 1990s.

IIRC you're thinking of Saturdays.

Oh yeah, in the mid 90s the NR station was open Mon-Sat but the tube station
was open Mon-Fri. Glad they've resolved that.

Incidentally, this thread wouldn't be complete
without a mention of Shoreditch, which is
open for part of Sunday but closed all day Saturday.

Any plans to open it on Saturdays?

No, but there are plans to close it on Sundays to Fridays.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old February 14th 05, 09:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:

I thought Cannon Street NR station had been
open on Sundays since the mid 1990s.

IIRC you're thinking of Saturdays.

Oh yeah, in the mid 90s the NR station was open Mon-Sat but the tube station
was open Mon-Fri. Glad they've resolved that.

Incidentally, this thread wouldn't be complete
without a mention of Shoreditch, which is
open for part of Sunday but closed all day Saturday.

Any plans to open it on Saturdays?

No, but there are plans to close it on Sundays to Fridays.

Did anyone register an objection to the closure of Shoreditch?

Did anyone really notice/care? :-)

Incidentally, Shoreditch is only the 4th most lightly used station on
LU... outclassed by Grange Hill, Chigwell and Roding Valley.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old February 14th 05, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Did anyone register an objection to the closure of Shoreditch?
Did anyone really notice/care? :-)

Does anyone think that Shoreditch High Street is an adequate replacement for
Shoreditch? IMHO the two serve completely different catchments (Brick Lane
for Shoreditch, and Bishopsgate/east end of Old Street/Great Eastern Street
for Shoreditch High Street).

Old February 15th 05, 12:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Dave Arquati wrote:

Incidentally, Shoreditch is only the 4th most lightly used station on
LU... outclassed by Grange Hill, Chigwell and Roding Valley.

No passengers as CLEARLY FICTIONAL.

HTH.

tom

--