London Banter

-   -   Not stopping at Bayswater (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2768-not-stopping-bayswater.html)

Paul Weaver February 13th 05 09:41 PM

Not stopping at Bayswater

I was on a North/Eastbound Circle or District from Notting Hill Gate to
Paddington on Thursday. As we approached bayswater, there was an
announcment "The next station is Bayswater", followed by "This train will
not stop at the next station".

I dont recall seeing anything announcing a closure at White City. Anyone
know anything?

--
Everything I write here is my personal opinion, and should not be taken as fact.

Dave Plumb February 13th 05 09:57 PM

Not stopping at Bayswater

I was on a North/Eastbound Circle or District from Notting Hill Gate to
Paddington on Thursday. As we approached bayswater, there was an
announcment "The next station is Bayswater", followed by "This train will
not stop at the next station".

The eastbound has been closed for a while and is sealed off with high
corrugated barriers just behind the yellow line.

According to thetube.com it is due to re-open on tuesday and the westbound
will be subject to closure until the end of the month. Not sure what's going
on, "refurbishment" it says. I guess doing it this way they can complete
quicker rather than being restricted to engineering hours, and station users
can still travel, albeit by using the west / changing either side.

Cheers,
Dave

[email protected] February 13th 05 10:05 PM

Not stopping at Bayswater

Paul Weaver wrote:
I was on a North/Eastbound Circle or District from Notting Hill Gate

Paddington on Thursday. As we approached bayswater, there was an
announcment "The next station is Bayswater", followed by "This train

will
not stop at the next station".

At High St Ken the automated announcments were amusing "Customers
traveling to Bayswater please note Eastbound trains are not
stopping.... change at Notting Hill gate for Queensway, etc."

closely followed by "Due to engineering work a special service is in
operation from this station today. Trains from platform 1... Trains
from platform 2 call at Notting Hill gate and all stations to Edgware
Road"

Kat February 13th 05 10:05 PM

Not stopping at Bayswater

Paul Weaver wrote:
I was on a North/Eastbound Circle or District from Notting Hill Gate to
Paddington on Thursday. As we approached bayswater, there was an
announcment "The next station is Bayswater", followed by "This train will
not stop at the next station".

I dont recall seeing anything announcing a closure at White City. Anyone
know anything?

Http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/nexus/
Near the bottom of the page under "Long term travel changes"
--
Kat