Old February 20th 05, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Abandoned Underground Station books on Ebay

3 interesting illustrated books on the various abandoned underground
stations and railway lines that can be found in London on sale he-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=6513654150

Old February 20th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

3 interesting illustrated books on the various abandoned underground
stations and railway lines that can be found in London on sale he-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=6513654150

I have London's Disused Underground Stations by J.E. Connor. Its not bad.
Old February 20th 05, 11:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=6513654150

So in other words there's a bargain to be had here!

Old February 21st 05, 08:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

3 interesting illustrated books on the various abandoned underground
stations and railway lines that can be found in London on sale he-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=6513654150

Owning all three I can thoroughly recommend them if there's a bargain to
be had here.

My 3 year-old daughter loves the Lost Lines book too, plenty of pictures
and she invents stories around them

jx

--
Joel Rowbottom - joel at fotopic dot net - Head Guy, Fotopic.Net
9M+ photos :: 200+ countries :: Free photo gallery at http://fotopic.net
Old February 21st 05, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 20 Feb 2005 13:34:53 -0800, wrote:

3 interesting illustrated books on the various abandoned underground
stations and railway lines that can be found in London on sale he-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=6513654150

A bit late, but you probably would have got more for them individually
than selling them as a "set" - there will be many people who only want
one of the titles, and so will be put off bidding on all three.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk

Old February 21st 05, 05:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=6513654150

A bit late, but you probably would have got more for them individually

than selling them as a "set" - there will be many people who only want

one of the titles, and so will be put off bidding on all three.

You're probably right about that! By the way to Barry, I think you'll
find that London's Disused Underground Stations by J.E. Connor (Connor
& Butler 1999) paperback edition is long out of print, whatever
Play.com say.

Old February 21st 05, 05:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I'm prompted to query one part of the Lost London book. Does anyone
know if the 90 yr old redundant platforms at Lewisham Road which are
featured in the book are still there? I'm Cornish and from what I know
of London every square inch of it is worth a fortune, so how come a
place like this can just be left idle for such a ridiculously long
period?

Old February 21st 05, 07:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 20 Feb 2005 13:34:53 -0800, wrote:

3 interesting illustrated books on the various abandoned underground
stations and railway lines that can be found in London on sale he-

Why were the books abandoned?

Charlie

--
Remove NO-SPOO-PLEASE from my email address to reply
Please send no unsolicited email or foodstuffs