London Banter

-   -   Recharging Oystercard at DLR only stations (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2820-recharging-oystercard-dlr-only-stations.html)

s c March 4th 05 10:26 AM

Recharging Oystercard at DLR only stations

Has anyone managed to recharge their oystercard online and then pick
up the new ticket at a DLR validator?

They now list all the DLR stations in the list of nominated stations
to pickup your oystercard update, but I tried it last weekend and I've
gone through the my nominated station (Elverson Rd) at various times -
and validated each time, and the card still hasn't been updated.

I've just tried to call the Oystercard helpline and the guy was pretty
useless - just said that he thought the card had failed and that I
need to go to a station to get it replaced even though the card works
fine everywhere else and I can, and have now because of this,
recharged it at a LUL ticket machine at Bank.

So, am I doing something wrong? I've validated on 3 out of the 4
validators at the station - is the 4th one the lucky one that I'm
supposed to be using?

Anyone else tried this?

Alastair Holmes March 4th 05 07:58 PM

On 4 Mar 2005 03:26:02 -0800, (s c) wrote:

[...]

I've purchased online and recharged at Bow Church, no problems at all.

Al Holmes