London Banter

-   -   London-Oxford Megabus (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2826-london-oxford-megabus.html)

Rosalba e Massimo March 6th 05 09:37 PM

London-Oxford Megabus

[x-post & F/Up]

Hello form Italy!

I am planning to come to London at the end of the next week, going also
to Oxford; so I was checking some cheap buses (instead of train) to save
some money.
I found out a very cheap fare in the Megabus site, but I have a couple
of doubts.
I read somewhere in the Megabus site that their London-Oxford service is
provided by Oxford Tube. I checked the timetables in both OxfordTube and
Megabus sites, and they are slightly different.
Besides,the departure and arrive are at the same place, but while the
OxfordTube has some more options to hop on and off (including a stop
around Marble Arch which would be better for me), Megabus in London just
lists Victoria.

So, are the above two completely different services? If they are the
same, is Megabus timetable correct?
In any case, do you know if Megabus has more stops in London?

(I asked these questions to Megabus contact address - something like
megabus.enquiries at stagecoach dot com - but had no useful answer:
they told me to phone an Oxford number, I wrote back asking if they
could give me an email address, or (better) kindly found this info
themselves, but I had no more replies in more than a week...)

If you have any other useful info about London-Oxford buses, please
post!

TIA & Ciao
max

Richard Adamfi March 7th 05 08:30 AM

London-Oxford Megabus

Rosalba e Massimo wrote:

So, are the above two completely different services? If they are the
same, is Megabus timetable correct?
In any case, do you know if Megabus has more stops in London?

Oxford to London used to be a dedicated Megabus service (separate from
the Oxford Tube) but now it has been cancelled - instead a few seats on
most Oxford Tube journeys have been made available to Megabus
passengers.

On the Megabus website, it would appear that the timetable section
shows the wrong times - however if you go to 'search and buy' you will
find that the times correspond to those on the Oxford Tube website.

There are a couple of 'blackout' periods - there are no Megabus
journeys on Saturday from Oxford between 0830 and 1100 and from London
between 1800 and 2000.

Bear in mind that, if you book through Megabus, you have to use the
journeys selected - otherwise you will have to get a regular fare.