London Banter

-   -   [London] transport related sights (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2828-london-transport-related-sights.html)

John Ray March 7th 05 09:07 AM

[London] transport related sights

Tadej Brezina wrote:

Dear NG community!

I (Austrian) will be visiting London from 16th to 20th of march. I'd
like to ask you, what can be recommended as a (public) transport related
sight in London wort a visit for a foreigner?
What comes to my mind right now:
*) tram in Croydon
*) CTRL construction site in St.Pancras Station
*) the city car fee (What's the right term? Guess if there is something
to be seen?)

What else?

As someone has already suggested, Stratford is worth a visit. I would
also recommend taking a train from Paddington to Ealing Broadway. You
will pass the Eurostar depot at North Pole, Old Oak Common and Acton
Yard, all of them interesting. Once at Ealing Broadway you will see HSTs
and the Heathrow Express travelling at around 100mph, plus suburban
services and two different Underground lines. Maybe a freight train too,
if you are lucky.

--
John Ray