London Banter

-   -   Tube closures next weekend? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2868-tube-closures-next-weekend.html)

Mrs Redboots March 19th 05 01:52 PM

Tube closures next weekend?

I haven't been on the Tube for ages, but friends of mine are coming to
London next weekend. When trying to give them directions from their
hotel to my place, I looked (as I often do) on the "Journey Planner",
and found that they were directed to change at Green Park instead of
Victoria, which would be more logical. When I input the same journey
for yesterday, it directed them via Victoria.

From this, am I right in thinking the District & Circle Lines are closed
again next weekend? The TfL site only gives this weekend's closures,
not next... sigh....
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Kat March 19th 05 02:24 PM

Tube closures next weekend?

Mrs Redboots wrote:
From this, am I right in thinking the District & Circle Lines are closed
again next weekend? The TfL site only gives this weekend's closures,
not next... sigh....

Http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/nexus/sixmonth.asp

Scroll down
25-Mar-05 28-Mar-05 District Whitechapel to Earl's Court
--
Kat

DistrictDriver March 19th 05 02:27 PM

Tube closures next weekend?

Mrs Redboots wrote:
I haven't been on the Tube for ages, but friends of mine are coming

London next weekend. When trying to give them directions from their
hotel to my place, I looked (as I often do) on the "Journey Planner",
and found that they were directed to change at Green Park instead of
Victoria, which would be more logical. When I input the same journey
for yesterday, it directed them via Victoria.

From this, am I right in thinking the District & Circle Lines are

closed
again next weekend? The TfL site only gives this weekend's closures,
not next... sigh....
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/
Website updated 4 March 2005 with a new photo

Indeed Mrs R, there's an awful lot of engineering work affecting the
network over the Easter period.
The District line is indeed suspended Whitechapel to Earl's Court and
no Circle line service at all. This applies on Good Friday right
through to Easter Monday (inclusive).

Paul Weaver March 19th 05 02:35 PM

Tube closures next weekend?

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
From this, am I right in thinking the District & Circle Lines are closed
again next weekend? The TfL site only gives this weekend's closures,
not next... sigh....

Perhaps they ran out of space, there's so many closures it's probably easier
to list lines that are open.
--
Everything above is the personal opinion of the author, and nothing to do
with where he works and all that lovely disclaimery stuff.

Mrs Redboots March 19th 05 03:17 PM

Tube closures next weekend?

Kat wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 19 Mar 2005:

Mrs Redboots wrote:
From this, am I right in thinking the District & Circle Lines are closed
again next weekend? The TfL site only gives this weekend's closures,
not next... sigh....

Http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/nexus/sixmonth.asp

Scroll down
25-Mar-05 28-Mar-05 District Whitechapel to Earl's Court

Thanks, Kat. It's not really a problem, just makes the journey slightly
longer for my friends (but I've recommended them to get the 159 from
Piccadilly circus for at least one trip!).