London Banter

-   -   Balham to High St. Ken today? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2887-balham-high-st-ken-today.html)

Ian F. March 27th 05 08:44 AM

Balham to High St. Ken today?

With no District Line, my usual route of Balham to Victoria on Southern and
District Line to HSK is a no-no. I was thinking of going to Green Park (via
Northern and Victoria lines) and getting a no. 9 bus. Any other thoughts?

Ian

Richard J. March 27th 05 10:26 AM

Balham to High St. Ken today?

Ian F. wrote:
With no District Line, my usual route of Balham to Victoria on
Southern and District Line to HSK is a no-no. I was thinking of
going to Green Park (via Northern and Victoria lines) and getting a
no. 9 bus. Any other thoughts?

Balham to Clapham Junction, then Silverlink to West Brompton, District
to High St Ken, but the Silverlink service is only every half-hour.

The TfL Journey Planner gives various routes according to the precise
departure time, including the one you suggested.
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...T2?language=en

--
Richard J.

Ian F. March 27th 05 05:35 PM

Balham to High St. Ken today?

"Richard J." wrote in message

Balham to Clapham Junction, then Silverlink to West Brompton, District
to High St Ken, but the Silverlink service is only every half-hour.

The TfL Journey Planner gives various routes according to the precise
departure time, including the one you suggested.
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...T2?language=en

Yup, that was where I got my route from, but so often people here come up
with a better one. I went the original route, which was fine. Thanks for the
input.

Ian

Paul Corfield March 27th 05 05:42 PM

Balham to High St. Ken today?

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:44:01 +0100, "Ian F."
wrote:

With no District Line, my usual route of Balham to Victoria on Southern and
District Line to HSK is a no-no. I was thinking of going to Green Park (via
Northern and Victoria lines) and getting a no. 9 bus. Any other thoughts?

Probably way too late but just get bus 52 or bus C1 from Victoria to
HSK. The 52 is the quicker and more frequent service.
--
Paul C

Ian F. March 27th 05 06:34 PM

Balham to High St. Ken today?

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

Probably way too late but just get bus 52 or bus C1 from Victoria to
HSK. The 52 is the quicker and more frequent service.

Oddly, the TfL planner tells me to take the 52 only as far as Hyde Park
Corner and than change to another bus.

I made it OK anyway - see other post.

Thanks,

Ian