London Banter

-   -   Met line weekend shut-down (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2907-met-line-weekend-shut-down.html)

Dr Ivan D. Reid April 1st 05 10:10 AM

Met line weekend shut-down

Can anyone say when the Met line stops sending trains past Harrow
tonight? The best I can find on the tfl page is "All weekend". I need
to get to Leicester Square by ~1800. Last time I travelled in on a Fri
nihgt I got caught by this, and had to wait for a train into Marylebone.

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Room 40-1-B12, CERN

Dr Ivan D. Reid April 1st 05 10:22 AM

Met line weekend shut-down

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:10:06 +0000 (UTC),
Dr Ivan D. Reid
wrote in :
Can anyone say when the Met line stops sending trains past Harrow
tonight? The best I can find on the tfl page is "All weekend". I need
to get to Leicester Square by ~1800. Last time I travelled in on a Fri
night I got caught by this, and had to wait for a train into Marylebone.

Ah, belay that! I misremembered, last time was an exception to our
usual Friday night drinks, and it was a Saturday night that I got caught
out (...and got off a Pic train at Rayners Lane before finding out that
the Met only went to Harrow...)

Adrian April 1st 05 10:22 AM

Met line weekend shut-down

Dr Ivan D. Reid ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

Can anyone say when the Met line stops sending trains past Harrow
tonight? The best I can find on the tfl page is "All weekend". I need
to get to Leicester Square by ~1800. Last time I travelled in on a Fri
nihgt I got caught by this, and had to wait for a train into Marylebone.

AIUI, it's theoretically normal service until the last trains.

Of course, the reality of "normal service" doesn't exactly rule out there
being no trains...