London Banter

-   -   New Kings Cross/St Pancras ticket halls - any images online? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2922-new-kings-cross-st-pancras.html)

Charlie Pearce April 5th 05 06:15 PM

New Kings Cross/St Pancras ticket halls - any images online?

I've just been searching the CTRL and TFL websites for any 3D pictures
of the new Underground developments, with little success.

Can anybody point me in the direction of any
pictures/diagrams/renderings etc.? I saw some posters at Kings Cross
when in the capital on Sunday, but had to hurry past as I was in
danger of missing my train :-)

Charlie

--
Remove NO-SPOO-PLEASE from my email address to reply
Please send no unsolicited email or foodstuffs

Boltar April 6th 05 02:13 PM

Charlie Pearce wrote:
I've just been searching the CTRL and TFL websites for any 3D

pictures
of the new Underground developments, with little success.

Given the speed at which things are progressing there you're
probably best off seeing if you can borrow Dr Whos Tardis and travel
forward in time a few millenia. By then they may (possibly) have
completed it all.

B2003

Ian Jelf April 6th 05 04:29 PM

New Kings Cross/St Pancras ticket halls - any images online?

In message .com,
Boltar writes

Charlie Pearce wrote:
I've just been searching the CTRL and TFL websites for any 3D

pictures
of the new Underground developments, with little success.

Given the speed at which things are progressing there you're
probably best off seeing if you can borrow Dr Whos Tardis and travel
forward in time a few millenia. By then they may (possibly) have
completed it all.

No chance. We now know that the world ends in the year 5,000,000,000,
don't we? ;-)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Charlie Pearce April 6th 05 05:47 PM

New Kings Cross/St Pancras ticket halls - any images online?

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:29:16 +0100, Ian Jelf
wrote:

In message .com,
Boltar writes

Charlie Pearce wrote:
I've just been searching the CTRL and TFL websites for any 3D

pictures
of the new Underground developments, with little success.

Given the speed at which things are progressing there you're
probably best off seeing if you can borrow Dr Whos Tardis and travel
forward in time a few millenia. By then they may (possibly) have
completed it all.

No chance. We now know that the world ends in the year 5,000,000,000,
don't we? ;-)

Yes, but is that the Gregorian calendar?

Charlie

Peter Tomlin April 20th 05 08:58 PM

New Kings Cross/St Pancras ticket halls - any images online?

try "The Guardian" website, which has graphics on Kings Cross redevelopment

"Charlie Pearce" wrote in
message ...
On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:29:16 +0100, Ian Jelf
wrote:

In message .com,
Boltar writes

Charlie Pearce April 20th 05 10:47 PM

New Kings Cross/St Pancras ticket halls - any images online?

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:58:40 +0100, "Peter Tomlin"
wrote:

try "The Guardian" website, which has graphics on Kings Cross redevelopment

Ah, finally found what you mean after about 10 minutes searching!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/flash/0,5860,1048071,00.html

That's not what I was after, but still pretty excellent!

Charlie

John Rowland April 21st 05 09:38 AM

New Kings Cross/St Pancras ticket halls - any images online?

"Charlie Pearce" wrote in
message ...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/flash/0,5860,1048071,00.html

If you click on "Down The Tubes" it leads to a map showing all the railway
and ex-railway tunnels in the area. There are two curves passing either side
of the Great Northern Hotel. The northern is the Hotel Curve - what's the
other?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Paul Terry April 21st 05 10:09 AM

New Kings Cross/St Pancras ticket halls - any images online?

In message , John Rowland
writes

If you click on "Down The Tubes" it leads to a map showing all the railway
and ex-railway tunnels in the area. There are two curves passing either side
of the Great Northern Hotel. The northern is the Hotel Curve - what's the
other?

The old link between the Midland and the Widened Lines:

http://www.londonrailways.net/snowhill.htm
--
Paul Terry

Peter Lawrence April 21st 05 06:03 PM

New Kings Cross/St Pancras ticket halls - any images online?

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:09:36 +0100, Paul Terry
wrote:

In message , John Rowland
writes

If you click on "Down The Tubes" it leads to a map showing all the railway
and ex-railway tunnels in the area. There are two curves passing either side
of the Great Northern Hotel. The northern is the Hotel Curve - what's the
other?

The old link between the Midland and the Widened Lines:

http://www.londonrailways.net/snowhill.htm

There has only ever been one such link and that passes beneath St
Pancras as shown.

The 'curve' John refers to is the Fleet river tunnel.
..
--
Peter Lawrence

Paul Terry April 21st 05 06:43 PM

New Kings Cross/St Pancras ticket halls - any images online?

In message , Peter Lawrence
writes

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:09:36 +0100, Paul Terry
wrote:

In message , John Rowland
writes

If you click on "Down The Tubes" it leads to a map showing all the railway
and ex-railway tunnels in the area. There are two curves passing either side
of the Great Northern Hotel. The northern is the Hotel Curve - what's the
other?

The old link between the Midland and the Widened Lines:
http://www.londonrailways.net/snowhill.htm

There has only ever been one such link and that passes beneath St
Pancras as shown.

The 'curve' John refers to is the Fleet river tunnel.

Ah, thanks - yes, that makes better sense.

--
Paul Terry