London Banter

-   -   longest journey (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2925-longest-journey.html)

Paul Elliott April 6th 05 05:55 PM

longest journey

whats the longest journey i can still make on an old slam door stock train
from London?
I loved these trains when working in Bognor Regis and fancy a ride in one
again.

PRAR April 6th 05 07:36 PM

longest journey

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:55:00 +0000 (UTC), "Paul Elliott"
wrote:

whats the longest journey i can still make on an old slam door stock train
from London?

London to Penzance

PRAR
--
http://www.i.am/prar/ and http://prar.fotopic.net/
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. --Dick Cavett

Jack Taylor April 6th 05 10:11 PM

longest journey

wrote:

whats the longest journey i can still make on an old slam door stock

train
from London?

London to Penzance

Surely London to Inverness on the "Highland Chieftain" (HST)?

Paul Elliott April 7th 05 04:09 PM

longest journey

sorry
I meant slam door electric stock as found on the southern commuter routes

Tim Scott April 9th 05 09:47 PM

longest journey

Paul some of the Yahoogroups have information on slam door gen may be worth
investigating those to help you on your conquest.

SET still have the former SWT CEPs 169x around, Southern have a few bits and
pieces and SWT are not far off from complete withdrawal (seeing as there are
a lot of swaps and short formations I gather)