London Banter

-   -   District Line (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2961-district-line.html)

Chris! April 17th 05 12:02 AM

District Line

Here's a conspiracy theory for you...

The District was fine for several months then all of a sudden we have
had one or more signal failures almost every day for the past
fortnight. Are the signal failures real or are some people at the tube
/ PPP contrators trying to make transport more of an election issue in
order to get more money?

CL

Orienteer April 17th 05 02:54 PM

District Line

"Chris!" wrote in message
ups.com...
Here's a conspiracy theory for you...

The District was fine for several months then all of a sudden we have
had one or more signal failures almost every day for the past
fortnight. Are the signal failures real or are some people at the tube
/ PPP contrators trying to make transport more of an election issue in
order to get more money?

CL

Apparently the signals on the Wimbledon branch are prone to failure whenever
it rains! But they are the responsibility of Network Rail.

General Von Clinkerhoffen April 17th 05 05:35 PM

District Line

I think you're reading far more into things, I blame simple cockup over
conspiracy, after all it is MetroMess, and to think that it is a
conspiracy would imply that they have an IQ above a house fly!

Orienteer wrote:
ups.com...

chris harrison April 18th 05 12:40 PM

District Line

Orienteer wrote:

Apparently the signals on the Wimbledon branch are prone to failure whenever
it rains! But they are the responsibility of Network Rail.

I infrequently catch tubes at Wimbledon Park and it's been "alright"
(for fairly respectable values of alright) for the last few weeks. This
morning, after the first decent rainfall for a while and, bosh, signal
problems.

There could be something in your "apparently" ...

Chris! April 18th 05 05:32 PM

District Line

Orienteer wrote:
Apparently the signals on the Wimbledon branch are prone to failure

whenever
it rains! But they are the responsibility of Network Rail.

But over the last couple of weeks there have been signal failures and
service suspensions on different parts of the line (Turnham Green,
Wimbledon Park, somewhere near Barking, etc.)