London Banter

-   -   Bishops Bridge, Paddington (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3049-bishops-bridge-paddington.html)

John Rowland May 22nd 05 10:47 AM

Bishops Bridge, Paddington

Found on uk.railway...

"gwr4090" wrote in message
This week the first section of the new Bishops Bridge is being "launched"
across the 14 tracks of the station throat at Paddington. Tomorrow Monday
16-May is a special Open Day for viewing the proceedings.
See http://www.paddingtonbridge.com
Also webcam at http://www.paddingtonbridge.com/webcam/

David

Tom Anderson May 22nd 05 04:27 PM

Bishops Bridge, Paddington

On Sun, 22 May 2005, John Rowland wrote:

"gwr4090" wrote in message
This week the first section of the new Bishops Bridge is being "launched"
across the 14 tracks of the station throat at Paddington. Tomorrow Monday
16-May is a special Open Day for viewing the proceedings.
See http://www.paddingtonbridge.com
Also webcam at http://www.paddingtonbridge.com/webcam/

Interesting. That's a pretty amazing way to build a bridge; civil
engineers really are a cunning bunch. I particularly like their little
briefing video; the whip-pans around Paddington are most entertaining.

tom

--
I think it would be a good idea -- Mohandas Gandhi, on Western civilisation