London Banter

-   -   Bus Route 3 Oxford Circus - Crystal Palace (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3081-bus-route-3-oxford-circus.html)

Rupert Candy June 21st 05 07:45 AM

Bus Route 3 Oxford Circus - Crystal Palace

Matt Ashby wrote:
Going off on a tangent... do night buses have speed
limiters? On some it certainly seems like they don't!

Night buses are just day buses with a different part of the destination
blind showing, so it will depend entirely on whether it's fitted to
that particular bus. Don't all London Buses have speed limiters now
anyway?

They're probably broken on the 3's vehicles, just like everything
else...

Dashe June 22nd 05 07:35 PM

Bus Route 3 Oxford Circus - Crystal Palace

"Rupert Candy" wrote in message
oups.com...

Matt Ashby wrote:
Going off on a tangent... do night buses have speed
limiters? On some it certainly seems like they don't!

Night buses are just day buses with a different part of the destination
blind showing, so it will depend entirely on whether it's fitted to
that particular bus. Don't all London Buses have speed limiters now
anyway?

They're probably broken on the 3's vehicles, just like everything
else...

They've always been *governed* to about 46mph in the days of the RT and RM.
I don't know what they do now. I haven't driven a bus in London since 1999,
and that was for Arriva (formerly Kentish Bus, Dartford).
Dave G