Old June 11th 05, 09:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Bridge wheel-squeal

I was at London Bridge station earlier today and noticed a great deal of
wheel/rail squealing from trains passing through platform 2. I was on
platform 6 so unable to see clearly whether platform/track 2 was curved but
it didn't appear to be. Can anybody tell me the cause ?
Cheerz,
Baz

Old June 11th 05, 10:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Platform 2, like 1, is on a steady but not very sharp curve. Trains
frequently squeak very loudly near the overbridge. I don't think the oiler
is working and/or is missing.

--
Regards,
Max B

"Marratxi" wrote in message
I was at London Bridge station earlier today and noticed a great deal of
wheel/rail squealing from trains passing through platform 2. I was on
platform 6 so unable to see clearly whether platform/track 2 was curved
but
it didn't appear to be. Can anybody tell me the cause ?
Cheerz,
Baz

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0523-8, 11/06/2005
Tested on: 11/06/2005 23:46:01