London Banter

-   -   Parking at Cockfosters (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3126-parking-cockfosters.html)

PigPOg June 20th 05 10:06 AM

Parking at Cockfosters

Can anyone help with a few questions regarding parking at Cockfosters
tube station? I'll be arriving at the station about 4.30pm on a Friday
hoping to return by midnight. I'm off to a concert in Hyde Park.

1. Will I be able to find a space?
2. What are the charges?
3. Is there a time restriction for exit on my return?
4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

Any advice/suggestions most appreciated.

Thanks,
Simon

Brimstone June 20th 05 10:22 AM

Parking at Cockfosters

PigPOg wrote:
Can anyone help with a few questions regarding parking at Cockfosters
tube station? I'll be arriving at the station about 4.30pm on a Friday
hoping to return by midnight. I'm off to a concert in Hyde Park.

1. Will I be able to find a space?
2. What are the charges?
3. Is there a time restriction for exit on my return?
4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

Any advice/suggestions most appreciated.

Car park info here
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/using/get...nd/parking.asp scroll down

James Farrar June 20th 05 10:35 AM

Parking at Cockfosters

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:06:42 +0100, PigPOg
wrote:

4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

I don't know how suitable Cockfosters is for parking, but driving into
London is a seriously bad idea.

--
James Farrar

September's coming soon

John Rowland June 20th 05 03:56 PM

Parking at Cockfosters

"PigPOg" wrote in message

Can anyone help with a few questions regarding
parking at Cockfosters tube station? I'll be arriving
at the station about 4.30pm on a Friday hoping to
return by midnight. I'm off to a concert in Hyde Park.

1. Will I be able to find a space?
2. What are the charges?
3. Is there a time restriction for exit on my return?

There are many quiet streets near the station, which *probably* have parking
banned for only 1 hour in the middle of the day.

4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

That is a *really* bad idea!

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

IOOA June 20th 05 09:24 PM

Parking at Cockfosters

after 1.30pm you can park in the adjacent roads free. the CPZ is a standard
Mid day retriction to stop commuters using them a day parking

Chris! June 20th 05 10:40 PM

Parking at Cockfosters

PigPOg wrote:
Can anyone help with a few questions regarding parking at Cockfosters
tube station? I'll be arriving at the station about 4.30pm on a Friday
hoping to return by midnight. I'm off to a concert in Hyde Park.

1. Will I be able to find a space?
2. What are the charges?
3. Is there a time restriction for exit on my return?
4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

Any advice/suggestions most appreciated.

Where are you driving from? It may be quicker to get the train from
your nearest city?

e.g. Peterborough - Kings Cross - Hyde Park Corner = 44mins + 2 min
walk + 14 mins tube

vs

Cockfosters - Hyde Park Corner = 40 minutes

Helen Deborah Vecht June 21st 05 07:39 AM

Parking at Cockfosters

"Chris!" typed

PigPOg wrote:
Can anyone help with a few questions regarding parking at Cockfosters
tube station? I'll be arriving at the station about 4.30pm on a Friday
hoping to return by midnight. I'm off to a concert in Hyde Park.

1. Will I be able to find a space?
2. What are the charges?
3. Is there a time restriction for exit on my return?
4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

Any advice/suggestions most appreciated.

Where are you driving from? It may be quicker to get the train from
your nearest city?

e.g. Peterborough - Kings Cross - Hyde Park Corner = 44mins + 2 min
walk + 14 mins tube

vs

Cockfosters - Hyde Park Corner = 40 minutes

Getting back might be a problem; some last trains are rather early.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

PigPOg June 21st 05 07:48 AM

Parking at Cockfosters

On 20 Jun 2005 15:40:43 -0700, "Chris!" wrote:

PigPOg wrote:
Can anyone help with a few questions regarding parking at Cockfosters
tube station? I'll be arriving at the station about 4.30pm on a Friday
hoping to return by midnight. I'm off to a concert in Hyde Park.

1. Will I be able to find a space?
2. What are the charges?
3. Is there a time restriction for exit on my return?
4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

Any advice/suggestions most appreciated.

Where are you driving from? It may be quicker to get the train from
your nearest city?

e.g. Peterborough - Kings Cross - Hyde Park Corner = 44mins + 2 min
walk + 14 mins tube

vs

Cockfosters - Hyde Park Corner = 40 minutes

I'm visting friends nearby that day so Cockfosters seemed to make most
sense.

Anyway, thank you all for your input.

Simon

Helen Deborah Vecht June 21st 05 08:57 AM

Parking at Cockfosters

PigPOg typed

PigPOg wrote:
[...]

If your friends are in the London Borough of Barnet, ask them for a
visitor's parking permit. (I think they cost about 35p) Then you can
park there all day...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

PigPOg June 21st 05 11:03 AM

Parking at Cockfosters

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:57:00 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

If your friends are in the London Borough of Barnet, ask them for a
visitor's parking permit. (I think they cost about 35p) Then you can
park there all day...

They live in Enfield.

Simon