London Banter

-   -   Parking in Lambeth (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3156-parking-lambeth.html)

Simon Hewison July 3rd 05 08:33 PM

Parking in Lambeth

J. Chisholm wrote:
Mrs Redboots wrote:

tim (moved to sweden) wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 30 Jun 2005:

I agree. All it takes is late evening and sunday working. In all of
the
places that I have lived in an around London it is normal to find double
yellows treated like they are there at these times of the week. I could
ticket 50 cars in as long as it takes to write them on a Sunday.

In many areas, it is perfectly legal to park on double yellow lines in
the late evening and on a Sunday. And if it isn't, you can be *very*
sure that tickets will be issued!

Not correct
I believe the new regs only allow double yellows to be used where 'No
waiting at any time' restrictiona apply.
See HC

I think you'll find that late evening and on a Sunday are when the
parking attendants are not on shift. If they were, you'll probably be
ticketed, whatever the local notices might say.

--
Simon Hewison

Mrs Redboots July 4th 05 11:19 AM

Parking in Lambeth

Simon Hewison wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 3 Jul 2005:

I think you'll find that late evening and on a Sunday are when the
parking attendants are not on shift. If they were, you'll probably be
ticketed, whatever the local notices might say.

In my experience, it's just when they *are* on shift, to try to catch
you out.....
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/