Old July 22nd 05, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Countermeasures.

One countermeasure which would be effective both in the protection of the
travelling public and which would also help to reduce the stress levels
among travellers would be quite a simple one; for people to talk to the
person next to them.
Travellers on London transport systems are quite famous for their reserve
and insularity; in this situation it works to our disadvantage. It leaves
individuals to suffer their stress without support or reinforcement and
slows the passing of minute pieces of intelligence across groups. In a
crisis, knowing something a fraction of a second sooner can be a matter of
vital importance.
It would also help to moderate the behaviour of those individuals who
respond to this sort of attack by indulging in racist hate.
Anyone carrying a large bag would find themselves expected to respond or
even volunteer their identity and purpose.
Failing to do so would signpost a suspect.

Talk to one another.

Steve.

Old July 22nd 05, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Bad idea, I ALWAYS get the nutter.

Oddly enough, the guy you were paired with said exactly the same thing.

Who'da thought it huh?

D.