London Banter

-   -   "The Tube" TV Show (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3328-tube-tv-show.html)

Joe July 24th 05 04:04 PM

"The Tube" TV Show

I know that filming was taking place a few months ago, and the last I
heard of it was that The Tube would be starting again on ITV1 London in
August. Anyone know when It's due to start?

Simon Hewison July 24th 05 05:53 PM

"The Tube" TV Show

Joe wrote:
I know that filming was taking place a few months ago, and the last I
heard of it was that The Tube would be starting again on ITV1 London in
August. Anyone know when It's due to start?

Well, when I recall a TV Series called "The Tube", it was a music
programme on Channel 4 on Friday nights in the early to mid 80s,
featuring Jools Holland.

--
Simon Hewison

[email protected] July 24th 05 05:54 PM

"The Tube" TV Show

More exhibitionists and wannabe Big Brother house inmates having their
15 minutes of fame.

Steve Moore July 24th 05 10:37 PM

"The Tube" TV Show

On 24/7/05 23:02, "Ken Ward" wrote:

Well, when I recall a TV Series called "The Tube", it was a music
programme on Channel 4 on Friday nights in the early to mid 80s, featuring
Jools Holland.

From Newcastle..........

....and watched by all "the groovy ****ers"

Steve July 24th 05 10:40 PM

"The Tube" TV Show

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:54:19 -0700, bowroaduk wrote:

More exhibitionists and wannabe Big Brother house inmates having their 15
minutes of fame.

No, used to be a non-pop music show focusing on bands that could play live
- basically the opposite of top of the pop, presented by mostly Jules
Holland and Muriel Gray and that one that married Bob Geldof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tube_(TV_series)

nsj July 24th 05 10:50 PM

"The Tube" TV Show

steve wrote:
No, used to be a non-pop music show focusing on bands that could play live
- basically the opposite of top of the pop, presented by mostly Jules
Holland and Muriel Gray and that one that married Bob Geldof.

Paula Yates.

Ken Ward July 24th 05 11:24 PM

"The Tube" TV Show

"nsj" wrote in message
steve wrote:
No, used to be a non-pop music show focusing on bands that could play
live
- basically the opposite of top of the pop, presented by mostly Jules
Holland and Muriel Gray and that one that married Bob Geldof.

Paula Yates.

Her Dad wasn't on it. Jess?

KW

Charles Ellson July 25th 05 12:49 AM

"The Tube" TV Show

Joe wrote:
I know that filming was taking place a few months ago, and the last I
heard of it was that The Tube would be starting again on ITV1 London in
August. Anyone know when It's due to start?

Well, when I recall a TV Series called "The Tube", it was a music
programme on Channel 4 on Friday nights in the early to mid 80s, featuring
Jools Holland.

From Newcastle..........

I can't find Deptford on my map of Newcastle. Is it somewhere toward
the south ?

Charles Ellson July 25th 05 12:51 AM

"The Tube" TV Show

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:24:25 GMT, "Ken Ward"
wrote:

"nsj" wrote in message
steve wrote:
No, used to be a non-pop music show focusing on bands that could play
live
- basically the opposite of top of the pop, presented by mostly Jules
Holland and Muriel Gray and that one that married Bob Geldof.

Paula Yates.

Her Dad wasn't on it. Jess?

ITYF he was busy offering comfortwith the supporting female acts in
the dressing room.