Old July 27th 05, 08:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default e-mail doing the rounds

Jim wrote:
Have you seen this picture, which is doing the rounds?

xx j

No need to post binaries, it's at
http://www.mdload.com/cc/notthillgate.jpg
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Old July 28th 05, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Bruce Fletcher wrote:
Jim wrote:
Have you seen this picture, which is doing the rounds?

xx j

No need to post binaries, it's at
http://www.mdload.com/cc/notthillgate.jpg

It is, thank goodness, a fake.
The text has been pasted on to a photo of an LU board which is image no.
4 at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...ry/3109691.stm (note
the identical background on the right-hand side). (Not my detective
work, someone at www.flickr.com)
--
Richard J.

Old July 28th 05, 11:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:45:50 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

It is, thank goodness, a fake.
The text has been pasted on to a photo of an LU board which is image no.
4 at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...ry/3109691.stm (note
the identical background on the right-hand side). (Not my detective
work, someone at www.flickr.com)

So it is - very clever detective work!

I wouldn't put it past Notting Hill Gate to do something like that, as
I recall they have a bit of a comedian in their midst, but that one
did seem a bit below the belt, and likely to get someone sacked if it
had been genuine.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain