London Banter

-   -   Train return journey question ... (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3360-train-return-journey-question.html)

elyob July 31st 05 10:35 AM

Train return journey question ...

If I want to get a train from Waterloo to Southampton and then return later
that day from Brighton, can I get a return ticket that will allow this? The
price of two singles would be far too expensive I'd have thought.

Thanks

Peter Smyth July 31st 05 11:58 AM

"elyob" wrote in message
If I want to get a train from Waterloo to Southampton and then return
later that day from Brighton, can I get a return ticket that will allow
this? The price of two singles would be far too expensive I'd have
thought.

Thanks

Buy a return from London to Portsmouth. This is valid via both Southampton
and Brighton.

Peter Smyth

asdf July 31st 05 12:05 PM

Train return journey question ...

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:35:44 +0100, "elyob"
wrote:

If I want to get a train from Waterloo to Southampton and then return later
that day from Brighton, can I get a return ticket that will allow this? The
price of two singles would be far too expensive I'd have thought.

The return part of a London to Southampton return ticket is valid via
Brighton, so you should be able to use it to just travel from Brighton
to Victoria.

There might be an even cheaper way of doing it by "excessing" a
ticket, but I don't really know how that works.