London Banter

-   -   East London Line extention gradient (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3388-east-london-line-extention-gradient.html)

Andy August 10th 05 11:16 PM

East London Line extention gradient

Will it have the greatest gradient? I believe from what I've been told about
the proposed route that it will go from low level to near Bishopsgate above
Liverpool St very quickly and this will be the steepest part of the network.

John Rowland August 11th 05 11:52 AM

"Andy" wrote in message

Will it have the greatest gradient? I believe from what
I've been told about the proposed route that it will go
from low level to near Bishopsgate above Liverpool St
very quickly and this will be the steepest part of the network.

IIRC, the steepest gradient will be 1 in 30, and this will be the steepest
part of the passenger network, all though there are a huge number of other
points which are equally steep. There is a steeper line in Ealing Depot.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Mizter T August 11th 05 12:58 PM

John Rowland wrote:
IIRC, the steepest gradient will be 1 in 30, and this will be the steepest
part of the passenger network, all though there are a huge number of other
points which are equally steep. There is a steeper line in Ealing Depot.

The steepest part of the passenger network you say - but which
passenger network, the underground network or the National Rail
network? The East London Line will after all be a National Rail style
franchise operation as opposed to an LUL line.

Jack Taylor August 11th 05 01:07 PM

East London Line extention gradient

"Mizter T" wrote in message
oups.com...
John Rowland wrote:
IIRC, the steepest gradient will be 1 in 30, and this will be the

steepest
part of the passenger network, all though there are a huge number of

other
points which are equally steep. There is a steeper line in Ealing Depot.

The steepest part of the passenger network you say - but which
passenger network, the underground network or the National Rail
network? The East London Line will after all be a National Rail style
franchise operation as opposed to an LUL line.

OOI, what is the gradient from Blackfriars to City Thameslink?

Andy August 11th 05 09:23 PM

"John Rowland" wrote in message
"Andy" wrote in message

Will it have the greatest gradient? I believe from what
I've been told about the proposed route that it will go
from low level to near Bishopsgate above Liverpool St
very quickly and this will be the steepest part of the network.

IIRC, the steepest gradient will be 1 in 30, and this will be the steepest
part of the passenger network, all though there are a huge number of other
points which are equally steep. There is a steeper line in Ealing Depot.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Thanks, I was thinking it might be steeper than the Bank at Ealing Common
which would mean changing the location of parking brake tests.

knapp gate August 11th 05 10:08 PM

East London Line extention gradient

The dlr from Bank to Shadwell includes a section of 1 in 15

Clive August 11th 05 11:28 PM

East London Line extention gradient

In message , Andy

Personally I find this to be very offensive. But then
if nobody take exception to it and decides a prick is ripe to be blown
up, who am I to complain?
--
Clive

Brimstone August 12th 05 09:11 AM

Clive wrote:
In message , Andy

Personally I find this to be very offensive. But then
if nobody take exception to it and decides a prick is ripe to be blown
up, who am I to complain?

It can only be offensive to someone who has a "dirty" mind surely?

Clive August 12th 05 10:46 AM

East London Line extention gradient

In message , Brimstone
writes
It can only be offensive to someone who has a "dirty" mind surely?

It's absolutely filthy.
--
Clive