London Banter

-   -   Paddington motorail (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3389-paddington-motorail.html)

John Rowland August 15th 05 01:16 PM

Paddington motorail

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
.li...

if the Heathrow Intercity (or whatever it's
called) station gets built

What's that then?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

asdf August 15th 05 02:28 PM

Paddington motorail

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:16:57 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

if the Heathrow Intercity (or whatever it's
called) station gets built

What's that then?

A terminus in the T5 area for HSTs, with a west-facing connection to
the GWML, so that eastbound trains can terminate at Heathrow instead
of Paddington.

gwr4090 August 15th 05 02:59 PM

Paddington motorail

In article ,
John Rowland wrote:
"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
.li...

if the Heathrow Intercity (or whatever it's
called) station gets built

What's that then?

Hayes Gateway ?

David

Tom Anderson August 15th 05 04:23 PM

Paddington motorail

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, gwr4090 wrote:

In article ,
John Rowland wrote:
"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
.li...

if the Heathrow Intercity (or whatever it's called) station gets built

What's that then?

Hayes Gateway ?

Ah - now that's a new one on me! That seems to be a separate idea - here's
what the DfT's "The future development of air transport in the UK: South
East" has to say about stations:

"7.10 The planning permission for Terminal 5 requires extension of the
Heathrow Express and Piccadilly Line to serve Terminal 5 before the
terminal opens. BAA were also expected to consider securing a service to
St Pancras and the opening of a Northern Gateway Station at Hayes and
Harlington."

"7.15 With a new runway the following services have been assumed:
Guildford, Reading via Bracknell and Waterloo via Richmond (requiring the
"Airtrack" link between Terminal 5 and Staines); St Albans and Watford
(requiring additional tracks between Hayes and Acton); East London via
Crossrail; Reading via Slough (requiring the "Western connection" link
between Terminal 5 and Iver); and a range of InterCity services to the
Regions (requiring an open-air station - for diesel services - to the west
of Terminal 5)."

That last "open-air station" bit is what i was calling 'Heathrow
Intercity'; i assume Hayes Gateway is this "Northern Gateway Station at
Hayes and Harlington". I have no idea what this "Western connection" thing
is. The DfT are certainly full of ideas about things to build at Heathrow
- i'd be surprised if there was any room left for aeroplanes!

tom

--
It sounds very much like a rock group consisting of a drum machine and a
few 56k modems. -- Jon

Neil Williams August 15th 05 09:29 PM

Paddington motorail

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:28:06 +0100, asdf
wrote:

A terminus in the T5 area for HSTs, with a west-facing connection to
the GWML, so that eastbound trains can terminate at Heathrow instead
of Paddington.

Strikes me as a silly idea. You'd be better off running a more
frequent Hayes - Heathrow service (e.g. by stopping some of the
HExes as well as as the Connect) and stopping the HSTs there.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain