London Banter

-   -   Hourly car hire (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3392-hourly-car-hire.html)

Morton August 13th 05 12:46 PM

Hourly car hire

Has anyone tried the hourly car hire companies such as StreetCar (
http://www.mystreetcar.co.uk ) or CityCarClub (
http://www.smartmoves.co.uk ). I'm househunting at the moment and am tempted
to use them.

TIA,
M.

Jason August 14th 05 10:21 PM

Hourly car hire

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 13:46:27 +0100, "Morton"

Also http://www.urbigo.com/ - a service of Avis.
--
Cheers,

Jason.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Ian F. August 14th 05 11:16 PM

Hourly car hire

"Jason" wrote in message

Has anyone tried the hourly car hire companies such as StreetCar (
http://www.mystreetcar.co.uk ) or CityCarClub (
http://www.smartmoves.co.uk ). I'm househunting at the moment and am
tempted
to use them.

Also http://www.urbigo.com/ - a service of Avis.

The only one in my area is mystreetcar, which is very expensive. The others
mentioned here are cheaper, but have fewer locations. I'd personally find it
very useful, but will have to wait until more locations come on board.

Ian

Morton August 15th 05 10:56 PM

Hourly car hire

"Ian F." wrote in message
Has anyone tried the hourly car hire companies such as StreetCar (
http://www.mystreetcar.co.uk ) or CityCarClub (
http://www.smartmoves.co.uk ).

Also http://www.urbigo.com/ - a service of Avis.

The only one in my area is mystreetcar, which is very expensive. The
others mentioned here are cheaper, but have fewer locations. I'd
personally find it very useful, but will have to wait until more locations
come on board.

The £500 insurance excess with StreetCar is way too high for me. The City
Carclub looks cheaper but as you said, there needs to be more locations.