London Banter

-   -   Shepherds Bush (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3396-shepherds-bush.html)

nsj August 15th 05 07:21 PM

Shepherds Bush

I see a sign has appeared at the top of the 'down' escalator informing
customers it will be repaired by the end of December.

What a joke. That'll make it about six months.

Does anybody know what is wrong with it?

Dave Arquati August 15th 05 10:10 PM

Shepherds Bush

$£%$@!

What a joke. That'll make it about six months.

Does anybody know what is wrong with it?

I don't know, but it conked out about the day after I started commuting
from there. All we can hope for is that the other one carries on working
in the meantime...

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

nsj August 15th 05 10:41 PM

Shepherds Bush

Dave Arquati wrote:
I don't know, but it conked out about the day after I started commuting
from there. All we can hope for is that the other one carries on working
in the meantime...

Or that the building in which I work remains reasonably equidistant from
Holland Park, Shepherds Bush and Notting Hill Gate. :)

M J Forbes August 16th 05 08:20 AM

Shepherds Bush

nsj wrote:
I see a sign has appeared at the top of the 'down' escalator informing
customers it will be repaired by the end of December.
What a joke. That'll make it about six months.
Does anybody know what is wrong with it?

I can only assume that whatever bit has broken has to be specifically
made - I remmeber reading in some TFL or LUL literature that escalators
are constructed specifically for each application - therefore if it's a
particularly bespoke part that has failed, then I can understand there
being a delay before a replacement can be manufactured. However - six
months does seem a little steep ....

Rgds.

Paul Corfield August 16th 05 05:32 PM

Shepherds Bush

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:21:58 +0100, nsj wrote:

I see a sign has appeared at the top of the 'down' escalator informing
customers it will be repaired by the end of December.

What a joke. That'll make it about six months.

Does anybody know what is wrong with it?

I *believe* that there are problems with the steps and new ones are
having to be manufactured. Once the down escalator is done don't be
surprised if a few weeks later the up escalator has to be done too.

I will know more a little later this week.
--
Paul C

Andy August 17th 05 05:34 PM

Shepherds Bush

Routine maintenance found two cracked steps. I believe this is a reasonably
new escalator so there is investigation going to find out why.

Colin Rosenstiel August 18th 05 01:39 AM

Escalator failures (was: Shepherds Bush)

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:21:58 +0100, nsj wrote:

I see a sign has appeared at the top of the 'down' escalator
informing customers it will be repaired by the end of December.

What a joke. That'll make it about six months.

Does anybody know what is wrong with it?

I *believe* that there are problems with the steps and new ones are
having to be manufactured. Once the down escalator is done don't be
surprised if a few weeks later the up escalator has to be done too.

I will know more a little later this week.

What's the reason why the new third Victoria Line escalator at King's
Cross has been more out of action than working since it was installed?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Andrew Smith September 21st 05 06:20 PM

Shepherds Bush

i happened to walk down the static escalator at the weekend ... it
struck me that stations with just 2 escalators for platform access must
make maintenance bloody difficult, especially in a deep station like
Shepherd's Bush, as they cannot put up hoarding and get passengers to
walk down either using middle steps, or a 3rd escalator ...