London Banter

-   -   West Brompton Station (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3415-west-brompton-station.html)

[email protected] August 23rd 05 07:42 AM

West Brompton Station

Can any arborealists tell me what the tree on the south end of the
southbound platform is at West Brompton, looks a bit unusual.

Kevin

Richard J. August 23rd 05 05:03 PM

West Brompton Station

typed:
Can any arborealists tell me what the tree on the south end of the
southbound platform is at West Brompton, looks a bit unusual.

I was about to ask which southbound platform, but realised just in time
that the District Line platform for trains towards Wimbledon is
technically westbound in LU-speak. Do you actually mean the southbound
Silverlink platform?
--
Richard J.

[email protected] August 24th 05 07:54 AM

West Brompton Station

No the LU Wimbledon bound platform. The tree is covered in
yellow/orange flowers that can best be described as looking like hops,
well look like hops from the the Southern train to Clapham.

Kevin

Paul Terry August 24th 05 08:31 AM

West Brompton Station

In message .com,
writes

No the LU Wimbledon bound platform. The tree is covered in
yellow/orange flowers that can best be described as looking like hops,
well look like hops from the the Southern train to Clapham.

From the description, it sounds a bit like an abutilon (flowering
maple).

--
Paul Terry