London Banter

-   -   Chip and PIN on underground? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3439-chip-pin-underground.html)

Steve September 3rd 05 06:33 AM

Chip and PIN on underground?

Does anyone know when LU are going to start accepting Chip and PIN cards?

Everyone else seems to be managing it!

--
Steve

General Von Clinkerhoffen September 3rd 05 08:33 AM

Chip and PIN on underground?

Some stations already do, but it is being rolled out as we speak, well
as quick as MetroMess and Tubecrap can manage it.

Colin Rosenstiel September 3rd 05 08:56 AM

Chip and PIN on underground?

In article ,
(General Von Clinkerhoffen) wrote:

Steve wrote:
Does anyone know when LU are going to start accepting Chip and PIN
cards?

Everyone else seems to be managing it!

Some stations already do, but it is being rolled out as we speak, well
as quick as MetroMess and Tubecrap can manage it.

Is the tube implementation less disastrous than WAGN's? What was a fast
Ascom machine at Cambridge is now impossibly slow at processing cards.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

chunky munky September 3rd 05 11:01 PM

Chip and PIN on underground?

unfortunatly we cant blame them two for this project, its done to the
Transys Consortium / Prestige PFI Project (involving CUBIC
transportation). Rollout to stations has started