London Banter

-   -   Wot is the bussiest route on red buses in London with in M25 (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3442-wot-bussiest-route-red-buses.html)

barry.irwin1 September 4th 05 07:48 AM

Wot is the bussiest route on red buses in London with in M25

David September 4th 05 10:13 AM

Wot is the bussiest route on red buses in London with in M25

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 07:48:16 GMT, "barry.irwin1"
wrote:

Shood fink all the roots in centrul londun durin the rush hour!

Dave
(Continuing the thread with spelling mistakes)

Laurence Payne September 4th 05 10:30 AM

Wot is the bussiest route on red buses in London with in M25

They're all pretty bussy. Though sometimes you can wait for ages for
one.

Paul Terry September 4th 05 11:49 AM

Wot is the bussiest route on red buses in London with in M25

In message , barry.irwin1
writes

(Nothing that can easily be quoted!)

Depends how you define busiest (most frequent? most crowded?) but when
the question has come up here in the past it has often been suggested
that the 73 is the busiest route. However, there are a number of other
routes that operate at a similar 5-minute frequency:

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/details.htm

--
Paul Terry

Keith Raeburn September 5th 05 05:27 PM

Wot is the bussiest route on red buses in London with in M25

I was once told by a controller (in Centrewest London Buses days) that
the busiest in terms of passenger loadings was the 207 (Shepherds
Bush-Uxbridge). This route was recently (April 2005) renumbered into
two overlapping sections (207 and 427), although it had in fact been
running in these separate sections, albeit under the same route number,
for about 20 years. Presumably the renumbering and changes in
routes/travel patterns over time mean it has lost this distinction now?

Keith

asdf September 5th 05 09:57 PM

Wot is the bussiest route on red buses in London with in M25

On 5 Sep 2005 10:27:37 -0700, "Keith Raeburn"
wrote:

I was once told by a controller (in Centrewest London Buses days) that
the busiest in terms of passenger loadings was the 207 (Shepherds
Bush-Uxbridge). This route was recently (April 2005) renumbered into
two overlapping sections (207 and 427), although it had in fact been
running in these separate sections, albeit under the same route number,
for about 20 years.

I'm sure that 207s have been running the entire length of the route at
least at certain times of the week, far more recently than 20 years
ago - the split used to only be a peak time or daytime arrangement.

Keith Raeburn September 5th 05 10:44 PM

Wot is the bussiest route on red buses in London with in M25

Yes, they did so right up until the switch to "bendies" during late
evenings and Sundays. I should have made it clear that when I said "it
had been running in separate sections", I didn't mean that it hadn't
been running the full route as well.