Old September 7th 05, 03:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Tubetrack

Does anyone know why Tubetrack (see
http://homepage.mac.com/balazsboros/tubetrack/) has not been displaying
either National Rail or Dublin DART departures for the past few days?
[Northern, Jubilee, Victoria, Bakerloo and DLR still available, hence
uk.transport.london crossposting.]

Old September 7th 05, 04:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

J Lynch wrote:

Does anyone know why Tubetrack (see
http://homepage.mac.com/balazsboros/tubetrack/) has not been displaying
either National Rail or Dublin DART departures for the past few days?

For National Rail, I believe it picked up its information from the
National Rail website ( http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ ). This has
had a major update recently, so maybe Tubetrack can't see the data
it needs anymore.

Cheers

mark-r

--
"Let's meet the panel. You couldn't ask for four finer comedians -
so that answers your next question..."
Old September 7th 05, 05:04 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Mark Robinson wrote:
J Lynch wrote:

Does anyone know why Tubetrack (see
http://homepage.mac.com/balazsboros/tubetrack/) has not been displaying
either National Rail or Dublin DART departures for the past few days?

For National Rail, I believe it picked up its information from the
National Rail website ( http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ ). This has
had a major update recently, so maybe Tubetrack can't see the data
it needs anymore.

And the entire DART site seems to be down or 'being redesigned'.
http://www.irishrail.ie/dart/home/
Old September 7th 05, 06:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Mark Morton" wrote in message

Moved: http://www.iarnrodeireann.ie/dart/home/

--
*** http://www.railwayscene.co.uk/ ***
Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk)

Old September 7th 05, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Mark
Robinson) wrote:

J Lynch wrote:

Does anyone know why Tubetrack (see
http://homepage.mac.com/balazsboros/tubetrack/) has not been
displaying either National Rail or Dublin DART departures for the
past few days?

For National Rail, I believe it picked up its information from the
National Rail website ( http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ ). This has
had a major update recently, so maybe Tubetrack can't see the data
it needs anymore.

I didn't think the URLs had changed much if at all. My bookmarks still
seem to work.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old September 9th 05, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(Mark
Robinson) wrote:

J Lynch wrote:

Does anyone know why Tubetrack (see
http://homepage.mac.com/balazsboros/tubetrack/) has not been
displaying either National Rail or Dublin DART departures for the
past few days?

For National Rail, I believe it picked up its information from the
National Rail website ( http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ ). This has
had a major update recently, so maybe Tubetrack can't see the data
it needs anymore.

I didn't think the URLs had changed much if at all. My bookmarks still
seem to work.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

I had a look at Tubetrack (Northern Line) at about 01:00 this morning. It
was showing weird things. For some reason it was showing trains as if they
were continuing past their destination. When at Finchley Central, a
Highgate stabler was being shown on the describer at Camden Town and
other stations, but suddenly disappeared when the train reached East
Finchley. Likewise Golders Green stablers were being shown in the same way
when they were between Edgware and GG, then disappearing at GG.

NB describers at the stations I looked at south of Kennington were showing
a Morden description, with the actual location of the train being shown as
somewhere NB (i.e. Angel). I assume these were the last NB trains that
had passed through the stations ages ago - albeit probably late after last
nights Edgware branch shutdown.

It would be nice if they could have Trackernet on the internet, as that
would give an overall picture. However I suppose that would take up too
much bandwidth / isn't technically feasible.

Roger
Old September 13th 05, 08:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

J Lynch wrote:

Does anyone know why Tubetrack (see
http://homepage.mac.com/balazsboros/tubetrack/) has not been displaying
either National Rail or Dublin DART departures for the past few days?
[Northern, Jubilee, Victoria, Bakerloo and DLR still available, hence
uk.transport.london crossposting.]

There's a now a new version of Tubetrack available that fixes these
problems, though anyone who's used Tubetrack in the past few days will
know this as the program prompts you to download the updated version.

I hadn't used it until I read this post. It's a useful tool to have.

Old September 13th 05, 10:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Mizter T" wrote in message
oups.com...

J Lynch wrote:

Does anyone know why Tubetrack (see
http://homepage.mac.com/balazsboros/tubetrack/) has not been displaying
either National Rail or Dublin DART departures for the past few days?
[Northern, Jubilee, Victoria, Bakerloo and DLR still available, hence
uk.transport.london crossposting.]

There's a now a new version of Tubetrack available that fixes these
problems, though anyone who's used Tubetrack in the past few days will
know this as the program prompts you to download the updated version.

I hadn't used it until I read this post. It's a useful tool to have.

Would anybody know if they are having problems with their server at this
time. From 22:15 to the time of this post I have had them on a continuous
dialup but keep getting "Gateway Timeout Error"

Thanks,

Keith