London Banter

-   -   Last Day of 13`s Routemasters (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3510-last-day-13-s-routemasters.html)

Robert McCall October 9th 05 04:55 PM

Last Day of 13`s Routemasters

Any news of special services on Last day of 13`s RM`s

[email protected] October 9th 05 10:28 PM

Last Day of 13`s Routemasters

Will there be any RM's left on the last day???

Actually Stagecoach are going to perform with a Routemaster, no idea
who else.

Industrial October 9th 05 11:24 PM

wrote:
Will there be any RM's left on the last day???

I enjoyed a trip on a 159 Routemaster from Brixton to Marble Arch today.
Well, I would have enjoyed it if it weren't for a youth with a mobile
telephone playing music through its loudspeaker.

When will I no longer be able to do this? Enjoy the bus ride, I mean.

INDUSTRIAL

Alek October 9th 05 11:28 PM

Last Day of 13`s Routemasters

Prob have to wait until the yoof matures and suffering from advanced
tinnitis has to bellow in everybody elses ear......"Have we reached Marble
Arch yet " !!!!!

Colin Rosenstiel October 10th 05 12:26 AM

Last Day of 13`s Routemasters

In article , lid
(Industrial) wrote:

wrote:
Will there be any RM's left on the last day???

I enjoyed a trip on a 159 Routemaster from Brixton to Marble Arch today.
Well, I would have enjoyed it if it weren't for a youth with a mobile
telephone playing music through its loudspeaker.

When will I no longer be able to do this? Enjoy the bus ride, I mean.

I saw RMs on all of the 13, 38 and 159 most days I was in London last
week.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Industrial October 10th 05 07:33 AM

Alek wrote:
Prob have to wait until the yoof matures and suffering from advanced
tinnitis has to bellow in everybody elses ear......"Have we reached Marble
Arch yet " !!!!!

When I first boarded the bus in Brixton, there was a female youth shouting
in a strange dialect of English into her mobile telephone. Something about
putting a hole in someone, whatever that means. Perhaps she was a body
piercing artist. I did notice she was wearing a hooded top, too, which many
consider to be antisocial in itself.

She could clearly be heard over my personal wireless, as could the young
man's mobile telephone/music loudspeaker system.