Old October 18th 05, 09:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Croxley Link

Was passing the Watford end of the old line a few weeks ago and noticed that
they have been doing some work clearing the track bed. When I passed again
this week I snapped a few pics with my phone.

See:

http://www.matchdaylive.com/croxley/15102005a.jpg

http://www.matchdaylive.com/croxley/15102005b.jpg

http://www.matchdaylive.com/croxley/15102005c.jpg

http://www.matchdaylive.com/croxley/15102005d.jpg

http://www.matchdaylive.com/croxley/15102005e.jpg

Does anyone know if they are doing anything to do with the link ?

Regards

Leo

Old October 20th 05, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:06:01 +0100, "Leo Mindel"
wrote:

Was passing the Watford end of the old line a few weeks ago and noticed that
they have been doing some work clearing the track bed. When I passed again
this week I snapped a few pics with my phone.

Odd that the centre conductor rail is in place but the outside one has
disappeared in places. My memory was that the centre rail had been
recovered long ago.

--
Peter Lawrence

Old October 23rd 05, 10:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Peter Lawrence wrote:

Odd that the centre conductor rail is in place but the outside one has
disappeared in places. My memory was that the centre rail had been
recovered long ago.

Outside rail recovered for re-use elsewhere - especially if it had been
a new-ish replacement ?

Inner rails in some locations were bonded to running rails as a return
path - and maybe of old rail if sensible maintenance was done by
swapping inner for outer rails when thrid rail only ?

--
Nick

Old October 23rd 05, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Well yes it is odd how the rail is there and not in other places?

To be honest I wish this country would get its back in gear and get its
transport links in place instead of 10yrs planning if you catch my drift.
There is a demand for such a link and would be beneficial for all parties
weather London or Watford folk!

"D7666" wrote in message
oups.com...