Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 31st 05, 11:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Commuter Travel

Hi, I'm a final year University transport design student. I'm
undertaking a report on private commuter travel and I am interested in
the opinions of both public and private users. I would like to know why
certain people prefer each type of commuter travel and what problems
are encountered day in day out.

Below is a very brief summary of my initial thoughts

Background : A significant percentage of commuters travel privately
when making the journey to and from their place of work. They travel
the same route at the same time, day in day out. Often encompassing the
stress and boredom of congestion and road-works. Their time spent here
can add considerable time to their day and can thus be described as
being 'wasted time'.

Any views and opinions would be appreciated.

Andy