London Banter

-   -   Announcement at Holborn (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3567-announcement-holborn.html)

Ian Jelf November 1st 05 08:03 PM

Announcement at Holborn

I heard a wonderful announcement on the Central Line at Holborn this
afternoon!

"There is a good service on the Central Line. There is a normal
service on all other lines"!
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Paul Corfield November 2nd 05 06:19 PM

Announcement at Holborn

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 21:03:38 +0000, Ian Jelf
wrote:

I heard a wonderful announcement on the Central Line at Holborn this
afternoon!

"There is a good service on the Central Line. There is a normal
service on all other lines"!

The recorded message on the Victoria Line station pa systems says
"Victoria Line services are operating normally". I often think that
leaves too much room for interpretation.
--
Paul C

d November 3rd 05 07:57 PM

Announcement at Holborn

wrote:

I heard a wonderful announcement on the Central Line at Holborn this
afternoon!

"There is a good service on the Central Line. There is a normal
service on all other lines"!

The recorded message on the Victoria Line station pa systems says
"Victoria Line services are operating normally". I often think that
leaves too much room for interpretation.

I like how there's a collective groan from the platform when that
announcement plays. hehehe

--
Paul C

Paul Corfield November 3rd 05 08:25 PM

Announcement at Holborn

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 20:57:42 GMT, "d" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I heard a wonderful announcement on the Central Line at Holborn this
afternoon!

"There is a good service on the Central Line. There is a normal
service on all other lines"!

The recorded message on the Victoria Line station pa systems says
"Victoria Line services are operating normally". I often think that
leaves too much room for interpretation.

I like how there's a collective groan from the platform when that
announcement plays. hehehe

I confess to having a somewhat cynical reaction too although to be
completely fair the Vic Line is generally pretty decent.
--
Paul C