London Banter

-   -   Wanted: Rails Through The Clay (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3588-wanted-rails-through-clay.html)

John Band November 9th 05 11:25 AM

Wanted: Rails Through The Clay

Hello all -

I'm trying to get a copy of Rails Through The Clay by Croome & Jackson
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...93545-2550834),
since it's by all accounts the definitive Tube book. However, I can't find a
copy online for less than £75, which strikes me as a bit steep. Indeed, if
demand is so strong that people are willing to pay £75 for it, it sounds
like time for a 3rd edition...

Anyone got any leads on how to get a copy (1993 edition ideally) for a more
sensible price?

Cheers,

--
John Band
astic - delete iastic to reply

M J Forbes November 11th 05 03:14 PM

John Band wrote:

I'm trying to get a copy of Rails Through The Clay by Croome & Jackson
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...993545-2550834

Sorry for a bit of a late reply, but Ealing Library (the main one in
the Broadway Shopping Centre) had a copy of this when I last visited a
few months ago. I know that the OP seemed to be actually wanting to
purchase a copy, but if it's purely for a few week's reference, and
you're in the area, this may be worth looking at (or, of course, try
your local library!)

Cheers

Matt
Salisbury (ex-Ealing)