Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 18th 03, 08:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Transport science

From: "Cast_Iron"
Date: 18/07/2003 21:16 GMT Daylight Time
From: "Cast_Iron"

Date: 17/07/2003 20:17 GMT Daylight Time

Start here
http://www.trainweb.org/railwaytechnical/

Try also: Practical Railway Engineering, Bonnett, Clifford
F., 1996, Imperial College Press, London

Errm, the man wrote "transport" don't forget. That's a bit
wider than just railways.

Supposing I don't have any immediate access to resources for modes other
than railways?

Try thinking before putting finger to keyboard, if you have the capacity!

Without wishing to develop this into some kind of "flame war", perhaps I could
suggest that you also:

Try thinking before putting finger to keyboard, if you have the capacity!

and realise that "transport" ain't just trains.

Most newcomers to a subject will ask questions that are somewhat unstructured,
and this seems to have been the case here. To respond in a definitive looking
way about railways only may not provide the questioner with the information he
is looking for.

Thanks however for the suggestion that I:

Try thinking before putting finger to keyboard, if you have the capacity!

I'm just looking up at my BA certificate on the wall now and wondering whether
the fact I've got it means I can think.