Old November 23rd 05, 10:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Routemaster

Just drove past Tolworth bus garage, there seem to be a lot of Routemasters
parked there.

--
Regards

Vauxhall

Old November 24th 05, 07:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Vauxhall
Victot writes
Just drove past Tolworth bus garage, there seem to be a lot of Routemasters
parked there.

Strategic Reserve? ;-)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old November 24th 05, 07:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian Jelf ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Just drove past Tolworth bus garage, there seem to be a lot of
Routemasters parked there.

Strategic Reserve? ;-)

Who do you think you are kidding, Mr Livingstone?
If you think we're on the bendibus...
Old November 24th 05, 09:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian Jelf wrote:
In message , Vauxhall
Victot writes
Just drove past Tolworth bus garage, there seem to be a lot of Routemasters
parked there.

Strategic Reserve? ;-)

Not as daft as it sounds. I went past a while back and there was only
one and now there is more than the one.

Also does anyone why there is a derelict number 11 RM outside WImbledon
signalbox.

Old November 24th 05, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Conductor in Charge of.......... wrote:
Ian Jelf wrote:
In message ,
Vauxhall Victot writes
Just drove past Tolworth bus garage, there seem to be a lot of
Routemasters parked there.

Strategic Reserve? ;-)

Not as daft as it sounds. I went past a while back and there was only
one and now there is more than the one.

Also does anyone why there is a derelict number 11 RM outside
WImbledon signalbox.

Railway replacement service standby?

Old November 24th 05, 01:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Brimstone wrote:
Conductor in Charge of.......... wrote:
Ian Jelf wrote:
In message ,
Vauxhall Victot writes
Just drove past Tolworth bus garage, there seem to be a lot of
Routemasters parked there.

Strategic Reserve? ;-)

Not as daft as it sounds. I went past a while back and there was only
one and now there is more than the one.

Also does anyone why there is a derelict number 11 RM outside
WImbledon signalbox.

Railway replacement service standby?

Presumably they have to put them somewhere whilst awaiting sale and/or
scrapping. On the last evening of the '38 I saw a sad convoy of 4 or 5
Routemasters leaving Hackney for the last time with their number &
destination blinds already removed. Maybe the usual dealers have run
out of space to put them.

Old November 24th 05, 04:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 23:50:56 +0000 (UTC), "Vauxhall Victot"
wrote:

Just drove past Tolworth bus garage, there seem to be a lot of Routemasters
parked there.

this is one of the place where redundant vehicles are being stored.
There are others at Tottenham Marshes which Arriva use as a store. The
ex route 73 buses went here until such as Ensigns and others were ready
to sell them on. I imagine a similar process will happen with the route
159 vehicles in a couple of weeks time.

Those London operators who want to keep a small "commercial" fleet have
done so - First, Stagecoach, London United, Go Ahead. Arriva are putting
their's together now.
--
Paul C

Old November 25th 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:20 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

wrote:

Just drove past Tolworth bus garage, there seem to be a lot of
Routemasters parked there.

this is one of the place where redundant vehicles are being stored.
There are others at Tottenham Marshes which Arriva use as a store. The
ex route 73 buses went here until such as Ensigns and others were
ready to sell them on. I imagine a similar process will happen with
the route 159 vehicles in a couple of weeks time.

Those London operators who want to keep a small "commercial" fleet
have done so - First, Stagecoach, London United, Go Ahead. Arriva are
putting their's together now.

Does that mean that some RMLs will remain in London service then? I've
yet to see one on the heritage routes and even the 159 seems to have a
good few RMs now.

Only on the 9 and 15 heritage supplemental services. The 159's last day
is 9/12/05 with the special extra "last day" vehicles running on the
Thursday 8th. RMs will run on the 159 until the last day when they will
be progressively phased out during the day and replaced with the new
LFDDs. Not sure at what time the last RM journey will operate but info
will appear on the Route 159 page on
www.lots.org.uk After that there
just the 10 in service on the 9 & 15.

Those RMs that are retained by other operators are in their commercial /
private hire businesses. You may see RMs on rail replacement services
if Sullivan Buses are contracted to provide them.

--
Paul C

Old November 25th 05, 07:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:20 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Plus the 6 spares.

Those RMs that are retained by other operators are in their
commercial / private hire businesses. You may see RMs on rail
replacement services if Sullivan Buses are contracted to provide them.

But are any of the vehicles on the heritage routes RMLs (30') rather
than RMs (27'6")? I can't say I've seen any RMLs so far. There are still
a good few RMLs of the main batch that never left London in service on
the 159 but a number are RMs returned to London with new registration
marks.

--
Colin Rosenstiel