Old December 2nd 05, 07:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Buses off their routes?

There was I thinking I'd seen my last Friday evening RMs as I cycled up
Whitehall about 18:45 tonight when I chanced to pass not one but two
159s, with passengers, in Charing Cross Road by Leicester Square station.

I'm used to seeing 38s off route in Shaftesbury Avenue, both in RM days
and even tonight after passing one bendy blocking the Cambridge Circus
junction while actually on its route.

So why were the 159s there? Shaftesbury Avenue isn't that far off-route
for a 38.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old December 2nd 05, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Regent Street is closed in both directions between Conduit Street and
Piccadilly Circus due to a burst water main. Buses are being diverted
Piccadilly Circus-Shaftesbury Avenue-Charing Cross Road-Oxford
Street-Oxford Circus.

Information correct as of 2102 02/12/2005 from
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/streets/traffic-alert-service/flow-WC.shtml

Matt Ashby