London Banter

-   -   Two commutes - suggestions for where to live ? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3659-two-commutes-suggestions-where-live.html)

[email protected] December 6th 05 09:37 AM

Two commutes - suggestions for where to live ?

How to resolve this ??

My girlfriend and I currently live in Woking.

She works in Bracknell (30 minute drive). If I were to get a job in
Chelmsford - where is a good place to live for a reasonable commute for
both of us ?

(the middle is about central London - bit pricey).

Thanks.

Brimstone December 6th 05 09:57 AM

Two commutes - suggestions for where to live ?

wrote in message
ups.com...
How to resolve this ??

My girlfriend and I currently live in Woking.

She works in Bracknell (30 minute drive). If I were to get a job in
Chelmsford - where is a good place to live for a reasonable commute for
both of us ?

(the middle is about central London - bit pricey).

How about a job closer to Woking or she moves with you to Chelmsford?

thoss December 6th 05 10:15 AM

Two commutes - suggestions for where to live ?

In article ,
Brimstone writes

wrote in message
oups.com...
How to resolve this ??

My girlfriend and I currently live in Woking.

She works in Bracknell (30 minute drive). If I were to get a job in
Chelmsford - where is a good place to live for a reasonable commute for
both of us ?

(the middle is about central London - bit pricey).

How about a job closer to Woking or she moves with you to Chelmsford?

I don't think that is a matter for uk.transport.london.
--
Thoss

Brimstone December 6th 05 10:24 AM

Two commutes - suggestions for where to live ?

thoss wrote:
In article ,
Brimstone writes

wrote in message
ups.com...
How to resolve this ??

My girlfriend and I currently live in Woking.

She works in Bracknell (30 minute drive). If I were to get a job in
Chelmsford - where is a good place to live for a reasonable commute
for both of us ?

(the middle is about central London - bit pricey).

How about a job closer to Woking or she moves with you to Chelmsford?

I don't think that is a matter for uk.transport.london.

Why not?

www.waspies.net December 6th 05 10:52 AM

wrote:
How to resolve this ??

My girlfriend and I currently live in Woking.

She works in Bracknell (30 minute drive). If I were to get a job in
Chelmsford - where is a good place to live for a reasonable commute for
both of us ?

(the middle is about central London - bit pricey).

Thanks.

Personally I'd live on the coast and be a "kept" man:)

Mike Bristow December 6th 05 10:55 AM

Two commutes - suggestions for where to live ?

["Followup-To:" header set to uk.transport.london.]
In article . com,
wrote:
How to resolve this ??

My girlfriend and I currently live in Woking.

She works in Bracknell (30 minute drive). If I were to get a job in
Chelmsford - where is a good place to live for a reasonable commute for
both of us ?

Watford or Dorking? Nightmare drive for her, though. And not much
better for you.

Frankly, I think that either one of you, perhaps both, will have a
nightmare commute around the M25.

Crossrail will make a difference: it'll mean that anywhere that'll
get you to Paddington or Liverpool St. will make the "long" commute
much easier by train. The "Long" commute will still be over an
hour, though.

--
RIP Morph (1977-2005)

Londoncityslicker December 6th 05 11:51 AM

Two commutes - suggestions for where to live ?

East London/Docklands area? Somewhere on the Jubilee Line and DLR.

Canary Wharf/Isle of Dogs or nearby isn't as expensive as you might
think.
Really depends on the sort of property you want to live in and your
budget.

Chelmsford can be got to from Limehouse and Jubilee line to Waterloo is
12 minutes.
With a fast train to woking. You could be there in less than an hour.

A.

[email protected] December 6th 05 12:01 PM

Mike Bristow wrote:

Crossrail will make a difference: it'll mean that anywhere that'll
get you to Paddington or Liverpool St. will make the "long" commute
much easier by train. The "Long" commute will still be over an
hour, though.

--
RIP Morph (1977-2005)

Do you still expect to be together or in the same jobs in 2020?

Kevin

Graeme Wall December 6th 05 12:09 PM

Two commutes - suggestions for where to live ?

In message
"www.waspies.net" wrote:

wrote:
How to resolve this ??

My girlfriend and I currently live in Woking.

She works in Bracknell (30 minute drive). If I were to get a job in
Chelmsford - where is a good place to live for a reasonable commute for
both of us ?

(the middle is about central London - bit pricey).

Thanks.

Personally I'd live on the coast and be a "kept" man:)

Gets my vote.

Actually, as the wife points out, at the moment that is exactly what I'm
doing, if you count Southampton as on the coast.

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.