London Banter

-   -   Christmas Day and Boxing Day Rail Summary (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3662-christmas-day-boxing-day-rail.html)

Barry Salter December 8th 05 07:23 AM

Christmas Day and Boxing Day Rail Summary

Hi folks,

Well, details of train services on Christmas Day and Boxing Day are
starting to become available, so here we go with a summary:

Christmas Day:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

No service except Gatwick Express, with coaches replacing trains and
running every 30 minutes between 06:30 and 16:00 from Victoria, with a
final service at 16:45, and between 06:30 and 16:30 from Gatwick.
Estimated journey time is one hour.

In addition, Heathrow Express will operate a reduced service (3 trains
per hour) from approximately 05:00 until apprixmately 14:15, and then
coaches for the rest of the day, with last coaches at 23:35 from
Paddington, and 23:55 from Heathrow Central Bus Station.

Boxing Day:
-=-=-=-=-=-

No service, apart from the following:

First Scotrail: Limited service on some routes. Timetable leaflet
available from www.firstscotrail.com.

Gatwick Express: Rail replacement coach service. Every 15 minutes
between 05:30 and 07:00, then every 6 minutes until 19:00, then every 15
minutes until 00:30 on Tuesday (27th).

Heathrow Express: Normal service

South Eastern Trains: Hourly services Charing Cross - Ashford
International via Tonbridge, Victoria - Gillingham via Beckenham
Junction, Victoria - Orpington via Beckenham Junction, Charing Cross -
Slade Green via Lewisham & Bexleyheath, Charing Cross - Slade Green via
Lewisham & Charlton.

Southern: Half hourly service Victoria - West Croydon via Balham and
Norbury.

Stansted Express: Rail replacement coach service, non-stop from
Liverpool Street, at 0425, 0455, then half hourly until 2325 from
Liverpool Street; 0530, 0600, then half hourly until 0030 from Stansted.

Thameslink: Half hourly service London Bridge - Luton

HTH,

Barry

--
Barry Salter, bsalter at ukvoting dot org dot uk
PGP Key ID: 0xC136AC59. Available from http://www.keyserver.net

Disclaimer: The above do not necessarily represent the opinions of
UKVoting or UVV.

Rian van der Borgt December 9th 05 08:39 PM

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 08:23:07 +0000, Barry Salter wrote:
Well, details of train services on Christmas Day and Boxing Day are
starting to become available, so here we go with a summary:

Boxing Day:

No service, apart from the following:

[snip]

Eurostar will be running what looks like a modified Sunday service.

Regards,

Rian

--
Rian van der Borgt, Leuven, Belgium.