Old December 8th 05, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sam Sam is offline

Default Lost Oystercard

Hope someone can help here.....

I have stupidly lost my annual Oystercard.

Been on to the website and reported it lost and told a new one will be with
me within 5 days.

In the meantime I am using another pre-pay oyster. Is there anyway of
getting some money back for the period when I have had to pay for travel ?

Before Oyster I would have been able to go to my "home" ticket office and
get a duplicate ticket issued. Could not find anything on "Ask Oyster".

Old December 8th 05, 01:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

"Sam" wrote in message ...
Hope someone can help here.....

I have stupidly lost my annual Oystercard.

Been on to the website and reported it lost and told a new one will be with me within 5 days.

In the meantime I am using another pre-pay oyster. Is there anyway of getting some money back for
the period when I have had to pay for travel ?

Before Oyster I would have been able to go to my "home" ticket office and get a duplicate ticket
issued. Could not find anything on "Ask Oyster".

Yes they refund any tickets you buy while you are without your season ticket.

If I were you I would wait until the replacement arrives and request a report
via email from "Ask Oyster" of your last 3 months use on the spare card. You
need to confirm your password and home address in the email.

They are quite speedy with that and normally take 1-2 days to get it sent. Then
highlight all the journeys you have made and send it back to them with a letter
asking for a refund - quoting the number on the back of your Oystercard with
the season ticket on it.

I can't stress enough how vital it is not to bother telephoning the "help" line.
Although some of the people who answer are very nice and helpful many others
are down right obstructive and say whatever they think will get you off the phone
the quickest.