London Banter

-   -   Oyster -Daily Travelcard (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3736-oyster-daily-travelcard.html)

Laurence Payne January 1st 06 06:29 PM

Oyster -Daily Travelcard

On 1 Jan 2006 12:20:53 +0100, Moor wrote:

been told that if you travel more than 4 times in the same day the
oyster card automatically transforms your single charges into a daily
travelcard. However, I have done so a couple of times and found out it
didn't happen and I had spent far more that buying a travelcard
without Oyster.

Does anyone know how it really works?
Is there a difference between using the tube or the bus in this
automatic system thing?

I wonder how you've managed to break this excellent system? :-) Are
you remembering to touch out at the end of tube journeys?

Laurence Payne January 3rd 06 01:18 AM

Oyster -Daily Travelcard

On 3 Jan 2006 00:21:23 +0100, Moor wrote:

I wonder how you've managed to break this excellent system? :-) Are
you remembering to touch out at the end of tube journeys?

I'm afraid, i didn't break anything and I do touch in and out at all
times...but it's the 2nd time I am told I need to pay some money cos I
spent more than I had in the card...which was a little more of the
amount of a travelcard in both cases...

And when I spoke to LU I was just told 'you probably didn't travel as
much as you need to get the swap...

I don't understand what you're saying?

But if you used the system for a day in a way that would have been
valid for a ODTC and were charged more than the price of the TC, you
have cause for complaint. Such mistakes HAVE been known to occur.
But they are normally corrected on request.