Old January 17th 06, 04:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mal Mal is offline

Default Its all safe again.

Here is part of a release from Bob Crow about the dispute:

JANUARY 17: MORE THAN 4,000 RMT Tube station staff members are to vote on a
new proposal aimed at settling the dispute over safe staffing levels at
London Underground stations.

"After five days of negotiations we now have a proposal that the RMT
executive has agreed unanimously to recommend to our members," RMT general
secretary Bob Crow said today.

"The proposed agreement includes provision for the safety validation,
involving RMT reps, of rosters for those station groups yet to be agreed.

"Any remaining disagreements over rosters will be referred back to a working
party at general secretary level for resolution.

"The final decision rests, as always, with RMT members, who will vote in a
referendum which will end on January 27."

There is more but its about the vote and what happens if they say no.

Seems like its a bit of a climb down with him able to keep face to his
members.

What they forget is that if they take some staff OFF roster, that is they
wont do operational duties, the other members and staff will have to cover
those positions.....and usually the OFF roster stuff goes to the RMT old
boys who manage a few short days and lots of "meetings"...... all in the
interest of safety of course.

At least it keeps them quiet.

Mal

Old January 18th 06, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

"Mal" wrote in message
[...]

I wish Bob Crow would just sod off. He's doing nothing for RMT members, the
underground, or the public what-so-ever. He's hurting everyone to save his
own face. What a dick.

Old January 18th 06, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I see the possible new dates for RMT action have already been published
online...

http://tinyurl.com/dokc6

Jonathan

Old January 18th 06, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jonathan Morris ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

I see the possible new dates for RMT action have already been published
online...

http://tinyurl.com/dokc6

Many a true word...