London Banter

-   -   Trams and Trolleybuses in West London (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3810-trams-trolleybuses-west-london.html)

David Bradley January 25th 06 06:54 PM

Trams and Trolleybuses in West London

I have loaded some more local views of the Uxbridge Road corridor that were
taken in the 1960s. These pictures can be found at:
http://www.tfwl.org.uk/nt2.html - Please use the site "Feedback Icon" to send
me an email if you can help out with captions to any of these pictures.

While you are on the site you may also care to read the page:
http://www.tfwl.org.uk/travelwatch0106.html - You may be surprised to learn
that London Travel Watch committe reckon that the people and communities of
West London should be used as a guinea pigs for a street railway on a
traditional inner urban single carriageway main road in modern congested
traffic conditions.

They totally ignore any concerns about property demolition and actually
welcome even more extensive and destructive demolition than currently proposed
to widen the junctions to shoehorn the tramway scheme in at various pinch
points along the route.

London TravelWatch is the new name for London Transport Users Committee whose
remit covers transport in and around London including the Underground, the
National Rail network, London's bus network, Docklands Light Railway, Croydon
Tramlink, taxis and other users of the Greater London Road Network.

David Bradley