Old January 31st 06, 04:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

Default Shock news regarding Tube Safety

"CLYDE DEMPSTER" wrote in message
o.uk...

Let me speak for every single traveller on London Underground, if I may -
**** YOU.

Thanks for that. In fact i dont think you can speak for every traveller
on London Underground but i doubt that will stop you.

I bet I speak for more than half If you don't remember, sentiment
towards striking tube workers, who clearly used the travelling public as
pawns in their arguments with the suits, wasn't that great. And it's
getting worse every time Bob Crow sticks his head on TV or anyone mentions
striking.

YOU chose to work on the underground - we don't choose to travel on it.
For most (if not all), it's the only way we can get around London. If
you don't like having to actually work for your money, go find another
job where you can eat biscuits, drink tea, and moan about the public.
You are supposed to be providing a PUBLIC service. You can't just turn
around and go "oh - don't worry lovely public - we're just using you as a
pawn in our sick, selfish game. We want more money to do less, and we'll
claim it's down to safety, but really we just want a day off"

I dont chose to work on the underground, i dont work on the underground.

I to use the underground to get to work but that dosent stop me from
supporting those that take industrial action in a worthwhile cause.

The cause doesn't justify the method, does it?

I dont understand your last sentence. How does striking over safety result
in more money? As a regular passenger on the underground i would have
thought you would have an interest in being safe whilst travelling. If its
all about money why lose a days pay on a strike that dosent result in any
more money? Then you say its because the strikers want a day off. Why
wouldnt they just go sick for a day on full pay if they are that desperate
for a day off and money is so important?

But the "safety" arguments quickly deteriorate into talking about pensions
and slight working hours increases. The safety argument is sooo tenuous at
best. I've still to hear a single decent argument as to why all these
things the RMT has previously agreed to are now suddenly dangerous.

It dosent add up.

Exactly. Which is why people are ****ed with the striking RMT asshats.

Regards
Clyde

Old January 31st 06, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

"CLYDE DEMPSTER" wrote in message
o.uk...

"d" wrote in message
k...
"CLYDE DEMPSTER" wrote in message
. uk...

"James Farrar" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:16:01 GMT, "CLYDE DEMPSTER"
wrote:

A fair Salary

...even though they earn £30k...

Fought for and won by the actions of strong trade unions.
And why shouldnt they earn that kind of money? My only regret is that
not
every one is on that figure, still plenty of work for us trade unionists
do there i think.

Go see how much money nurses make, then tell me that's a fair wage.
Jesus Christ, man - just because you can get paid that much does not make
it right. I've seen inept people get really high salaries - that does
not automatically entitle everyone to such a wage.

I agree with you about nurses, they do not get a fair wage. If i was able
to assist them by takeing industrial action i would. I do attend marches
and demonstrations like the fire fighters march, and going further back,
the miners. My union branch contributes money to campaigns such as these
both from branch funds and from collections at the meetings. Ordinary
people doing what they can with monetary and moral support.

Yeah! The Nurses could just close the hospitals until they got what they
wanted out of the bosses, via the patients. Bob Crow eat your heart out!
Anyone who provides a public service, and stops providing that service
because of grievances with management, is acting selfishly. Just because
you can do something doesn't make it right. And just because something is
your "last hope" also doesn't make it right. It doesn't matter how many
times you've been bitch-slapped, bitch-slapping an innocent can never make
up for it.

Hope to see you at these events in the future.

If the RMT is a demonstration of how modern unions work, I seriously doubt
it.

Regards
Clyde

Old January 31st 06, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , d
writes
YOU chose to work on the underground - we don't choose to travel on it.
For most (if not all), it's the only way we can get around London. If
you don't like having to actually work for your money, go find another
job where you can eat biscuits, drink tea, and moan about the public.
You are supposed to be providing a PUBLIC service. You can't just turn
around and go "oh - don't worry lovely public - we're just using you as
a pawn in our sick, selfish game. We want more money to do less, and
we'll claim it's down to safety, but really we just want a day off"

I've said it before and I'll say it again, ASLEF&C were not a militant
union until Donaldson declared it was illegal to work to rule. Do you
want your safety compromised? No. Neither do I, and until you
understand railways and their operation you're out of you depth. So go
away, do a little research about the implementation of the Industrial
Relations act and it's serious concerns for safe working on the
railways. Then come back and discuss it.
--
Clive
Old February 1st 06, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"d" wrote in message
. uk...
"CLYDE DEMPSTER" wrote in message
o.uk...

k...

wrote:

A fair Salary

...even though they earn £30k...

Fought for and won by the actions of strong trade unions.
And why shouldnt they earn that kind of money? My only regret is that
not
every one is on that figure, still plenty of work for us trade
unionists to
[...]

I imagine the RMT and its members can live with that. It seems were on
opposite sides of the argument never to agree so i will leave you to it.
Hope you stay safe on your journeys.

One question though. Ive heard of happy slapping but i just cant picture
what bitch slapping is. Sounds very unpleasent.

Regards
Clyde

Old February 1st 06, 02:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

"Clive" wrote in message
In message , d
writes
[...]

When discussions about safety don't always deteriorate into some LU workers
complaining about having to work 2 extra hours a week that they already
agreed to, this "oh worry about the safety!" argument is completely
bull****. They can't repeatedly cry wolf and expect the public to give a
damn.

--
Clive