Old February 20th 06, 03:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Northfields Depot

While travelling on the Piccadilly Line yesterday, I could see across
into the depot at Northfields. There was a carriage wrapped in blue
tarpaulin, Is this one of the 7/7 carriages?

Old February 20th 06, 10:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .com,
Hobbayne writes

While travelling on the Piccadilly Line yesterday, I could see across
into the depot at Northfields. There was a carriage wrapped in blue
tarpaulin, Is this one of the 7/7 carriages?

I received a text a couple of days ago to tell me that 566 is back on
the rails in Northfields, so it looks like the answer's yes.

Odd thing is that I didn't recognise the number that it was sent from
but they obviously know me. Very odd!
Old February 22nd 06, 12:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Well If it is, the carriage looked pretty much intact (as far as i
could see) where abouts on the train was this car? (the bomb was on the
1st car i believe.)

Old February 22nd 06, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message om,
Hobbayne writes
Well If it is, the carriage looked pretty much intact (as far as i
could see) where abouts on the train was this car? (the bomb was on the
1st car i believe.)

I assume you're replying to me?? As you didn't quote any of the message
you're replying to, I'll have to guess.

566 is the trailer car behind the bombed car, the formation would have
been 166-566-366. The bomber was towards the rear of 166 I gather and
566 was affected too.
Old February 26th 06, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

In message om,
Hobbayne writes
Well If it is, the carriage looked pretty much intact (as far as i
could see) where abouts on the train was this car? (the bomb was on the
1st car i believe.)

I assume you're replying to me?? As you didn't quote any of the message
you're replying to, I'll have to guess.

566 is the trailer car behind the bombed car, the formation would have
been 166-566-366. The bomber was towards the rear of 166 I gather and
566 was affected too.

I got this from the Tubeprune:
Unit 166-566-366 was severly damaged, 366 is probably the only possible

survivor but it has no other cars to work with at this time.

Old February 26th 06, 10:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

A survivor account

After about half an hour people started to move down from in front of
us, as I got to the end of my carriage I looked back and 5 injured
people walked out of the carriage behind (the front one), then nobody
else. We walked down through our carriage, as I did the tube manager
from Kings Cross came past us, I walked into the 3rd carriage, the
first doors and windows were broken as the train had hit and rubbed the
tunnel wall. I got out the 3rd side doors of the 3rd carriage onto the
track and down a side tunnel as we had stopped on a 'Y' junction.

I looked back at the train, it was forced against the wall, and the
sides were scraped.

http://stevelovegrove.blogspot.com/